so then, this 'baby p' business

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Re: so then, this 'baby p' business

Post by Jess » 17 Nov 2008, 13:37

fotch wrote:
metal_dave wrote:although it's nice that a thread about a baby being tortured to death can be turned into a debate about ten year old comedy shows.

Yeah fucking hell, at least make it about a more recent comedy show, like Tittybangbang or something like that.

:shocked:

I don't think that even classes as comedy! And if it does then it shouldn't. It's wank. Bring back Peep Show is what I say!
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 13:39

metal_dave wrote:although it's nice that a thread about a baby being tortured to death can be turned into a debate about ten year old comedy shows.

Also Morris has done comedy sketches based around dead babies, so its not like its a massive leap.
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 17 Nov 2008, 13:41

"This is a conversation..."

"Yes."
Last edited by JimmyBlind on 17 Nov 2008, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Jim

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 17 Nov 2008, 13:41

Jess wrote:
fotch wrote:

Yeah fucking hell, at least make it about a more recent comedy show, like Tittybangbang or something like that.

:shocked:

I don't think that even classes as comedy! And if it does then it shouldn't. It's wank. Bring back Peep Show is what I say!

librarian humour.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 13:42

JimmyBlind wrote:"This is a conversation..."

"Yes."

Both series of On the Hour have just been rereleased too :thumb:
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 17 Nov 2008, 13:45

chippy wrote:
librarian humour.

You're like a magazine quiz, if you answer mainly blues you're a swimming pool attendent humour, if you answer mainly reds you're Chippy, who knows all the types of humour ever. :roll:
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 13:47

swimming pool attendent humour

Tucker's Law

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 17 Nov 2008, 13:48

Damn you Robin, youtube is blocked at work so I don't know what your witty retort is :(
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 13:50

chippy wrote:Damn you Robin, youtube is blocked at work so I don't know what your witty retort is :(

Keith Mandement: This pool's been open nearly 40 years, and, in all that time I only slipped up once, to my mind. I was engaged in a particularly tricky word puzzle and 40 people had broken in and were in the pool, playing around, ducking, bombing and doing all manner of prohibited activities, and eventually someone was killed.

Interviewer: But given that your sole responsibility is to maintain the security of the pool, isn't that an indictment against yourself?

Keith Mandement: Well, I would say this - I've been working here for 18 years, and in 1975 no one died. In 1976, no one died. In 1977, no one died. In 1978, no one died. In 1979, no-one died. In 1980... someone died. In 1981, no one died. In 1982 there was the incident with the pigeon. In 1983, no one died. In 1984, no one died. In 1985, no one died. In 1986... I mean, I could go on.

Interviewer: No.

Keith Mandement: Right.
Tucker's Law

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 17 Nov 2008, 13:56

Do you have copies of The Day Today? I can't find them.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 13:58

chippy wrote:Do you have copies of The Day Today? I can't find them.

I used to :(
Tucker's Law

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 17 Nov 2008, 22:14

Just buy the DVD y'all. It should be standard issue to any comedy fan.

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 17 Nov 2008, 22:31

phillip_banks wrote:Just buy the DVD y'all. It should be standard issue to any student comedy fan.
Tucker's Law

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 25 Nov 2008, 15:38

i was watching THE DAY TODAY about a month back.. pretty good..

ANYWAY. i would love to have those bastards that killed 'Baby P' tortured and shit like that. they don't deserve to live. cunts. :O
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 05 Dec 2008, 15:29

I can't believe it when I read front pages of papers asking for the care workers to be sacked. Care workers are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated. The job that they do is very difficult and only made more difficult when the government makes cuts in public spending for care.

Instead of people just saying "I want to cut out the anus' of the people who did this to baby P with rusty razors", people should be looking at how these problems can be avoided in the future to make sure that there aren't any more Baby P's. There were short fallings in regards to the social care provided, but to blame the care workers themselves would be stupid. The problem lies in the lack of funding, the staff cuts and the backbreaking ammount of paperwork needed for their job which all results in the care workers not being able to carry out the job properly.

If people really are affected by the death of Baby P, they'll want to stop there being any more similar deaths happening, the best way to do that isn't to kill the people that did it, or sack the care workers who were not responsible, but to equip them to carry out their jobs properly.
Happy now? :'-(

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 05 Dec 2008, 15:30

garymcnally wrote:I can't believe it when I read front pages of papers asking for the care workers to be sacked. Care workers are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated. The job that they do is very difficult and only made more difficult when the government makes cuts in public spending for care.

Instead of people just saying "I want to cut out the anus' of the people who did this to baby P with rusty razors", people should be looking at how these problems can be avoided in the future to make sure that there aren't any more Baby P's. There were short fallings in regards to the social care provided, but to blame the care workers themselves would be stupid. The problem lies in the lack of funding, the staff cuts and the backbreaking ammount of paperwork needed for their job which all results in the care workers not being able to carry out the job properly.

If people really are affected by the death of Baby P, they'll want to stop there being any more similar deaths happening, the best way to do that isn't to kill the people that did it, or sack the care workers who were not responsible, but to equip them to carry out their jobs properly.

:clap:

Well said dude.

Charley
Slug
Slug

Post by Charley » 05 Dec 2008, 15:45

chippy wrote:
garymcnally wrote:I can't believe it when I read front pages of papers asking for the care workers to be sacked. Care workers are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated. The job that they do is very difficult and only made more difficult when the government makes cuts in public spending for care.

:clap:

Well said dude.

Agreed.

although it wouldn't hurt shoving a red hot iron up the arse of the cunts that did that stuff to that baby
Cast a vote
Take the blame
Torn from the mother
Feel no shame
Close your eye
Watch with the other
His arm is loaded
Could be your brother

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 08 Dec 2008, 08:24

ah, charley, the voice of reason ;)

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 08 Jan 2009, 15:48

fotch wrote:
phillip_banks wrote:Just buy the DVD y'all. It should be standard issue to any student comedy fan.

Got it. £8 in HMV at the moment in a nice sleeve with a spanky extras disc. Bargain.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 20 Jan 2009, 14:02

Yeah, I got that one. Although I do find the menu screens infuriatingly difficult to navigate. I realise this is in keeping with the whole Newsnight satire thing, but it still does my head in. However, the sketch about the bullying Vicars makes everything worth it.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 20 Jan 2009, 14:23

I thought the menus were pretty cool, once I'd worked them out.

"Why are you always.. being such an arse?"

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 04 Feb 2011, 00:26

went to a fancy dress party once. someone can as baby p.
If I survive.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 04 Feb 2011, 06:56

was it craig reynolds?

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 04 Feb 2011, 12:23

counterfeit wrote:went to a fancy dress party once. someone can as baby p.

OBVS i meant came - not can

and no it wasn't Reynolds!
If I survive.