black/death...

go on then... )sensible(

Moderator: Moderators

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 14 Jun 2004, 01:36

I wouldn't say it was a bad place for physically activity (fighting and such), though I (and alot of other people I know can vouch for this) feel as if alot of people in there have an attitude problem - like they're better than everybody outside their circle, thus 'outsiders' tend to get looked down on.

Wiggy has been a bit of a cock in the past. Let me explain....I puked up at waterside a couple of years back, this pissed Wiggy off and he tried elbowing me when I saw him a week or so later out in town, he then called me a cock. He's also been a dickhead to my mate Jamie, wouldn't let him inside 'Henry's because he didn't have his I.D. card (Wiggy knows damn well that Jamie is 19, ffs).

Another incident that happened in Uncle Henry's happened a year ago exactly. I was with Kyle and some others, we went in there to chill. Ben told us to get some drinks, which was fair enough, so I turned to Kyle, ready to ask him if he was going to buy a drink, to which Ben shouted "look at me when I'm speaking to you!", which drove me berzerk, so I told him to take his pathetic elitist pub and shove it up his arse, then stormed out.

Note: Contrary to the negativity in this post, I do know that there are alot of decent people who do go into 'Henry's for a pint or two, but I'm sick of the "we're better than everybody else" feel I get when I walk in there. Absolutely fucking pathetic.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 09:20

:chuckle: heh, you know nothing about Henry's. or people, it would seem.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

TobyDNA
Snail With Mates
Snail With Mates

Post by TobyDNA » 14 Jun 2004, 12:14

A beer would wash this down nicely.

Ahhhhh......
Fnord is an apostrophe on drugs.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 12:20

Originally posted by metal_dave

You wouldn't though :p . I don't suppose it was you or one of your 'Henry's cronies shouting "shut the door you racist prick" when I went in there to see a mates uncle (Darren - the guy who owns the Lock Up) a few months back?

Heh, Darren's your mates uncle is he? One to remember 8) .

to be fair, you probably left the door open, and you are a racist prick, so I don't see what's so unfair about this comment.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 14 Jun 2004, 13:05

Originally posted by BrassMonkeyTom
Originally posted by metal_dave

You wouldn't though :p . I don't suppose it was you or one of your 'Henry's cronies shouting "shut the door you racist prick" when I went in there to see a mates uncle (Darren - the guy who owns the Lock Up) a few months back?

Heh, Darren's your mates uncle is he? One to remember 8) .

to be fair, you probably left the door open, and you are a racist prick, so I don't see what's so unfair about this comment.

Uncle, cousin..I don't know. They're related, anyway.

As for the door thing, shut the fuck up. I was drunk, we went into Uncle Henry's to see Darren regarding the Lock Up, I accidentally left the door open. I don't need brainless, moronic sheep who I don't even know, shouting at me, telling me to shut it, when there were people sitting right next to the bloody thing.

As for me being racist; this is an old arguement. I wouldn't say I was particularly racist (I've said some bad comments in the past, yes, but pfft). If I was racist, why would I listen to bands such as Blasphemy, who have black members in? Now fuck off....

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 14 Jun 2004, 13:06

Originally posted by BrassMonkeyTom
:chuckle: heh, you know nothing about Henry's. or people, it would seem.

Well what I said about Uncle Henry's was 100% true. I wouldn't lie about something like that purely for the shit-spreading factor. Tosser.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 13:36

I never suggested you made anything up, little sensitive aren't we? I just think you misinterpreted it. Ben always gives people shit like that. His mates, regulars, strangers, everybody... works a bit like a jumped-up-little-shit-with-no-sense-of-humour-filter :thumb:

As for hollering at you to shut the door, well that's practically a Henry's tradition.

And this? "I don't need brainless, moronic sheep who I don't even know "

Surely even you can see the contradiction in this.

Like I said, you know nothing about Henry's. I don't even know how we got onto the subject, really, but I'd suggest you leave it before you make yourself look any stupider.

TobyDNA
Snail With Mates
Snail With Mates

Post by TobyDNA » 14 Jun 2004, 13:48

Image VS Image

Roll up!! Roll up!! See the spectacle!! Experience the pleasure!! Pain!! Feel the force!! Tickets reasonably priced at only £4.95!! Quickly come join the fun before sombody dies!
Fnord is an apostrophe on drugs.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 13:55

hmmm... i'm doing this more as an exercise now to show you can have an argument with someone without affixing an insult relating to masturbation or homosexuality at the end of every sentence. try to teach the little fuckstick the value of measured discourse. i don't think it's helping, somehow.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 14:14

Originally posted by BrennuvargR

Oh yeah, that was me then. I don't particularly like Ben (as he was very rude to me in 'Henry's once - I don't know about you, but I find that pub in general uber-stuck up - more stuck up than what I am on here :P , seems like the place for the 'Newbury Rocker Elitists' to hang out, even though most of the people there have only been into 'Alternative' music for under half a decade, hah).

"Elitists"..."even though most of the people there have only been into 'Alternative' music for under half a decade"

^^ Just read what you just said again. Slowly. Really.

Dear fucking lord. It really geniunely pains me that you can't see the irony in what you're saying.

Essentially mate, this is your problem. You love your labels, your pigeon holes, your nice cosy space to fit into.. every story or anecdote starts off with the label of who was invovled "these punk kids", "some pikey twat", "this random black dude"....

When you grow up a bit, you'll stop seeing that and you'll realise that there's just people. it's like when you referred to me as "some silly punk fan" earlier.. yeah I like punk music, I'm in a punk-ish band, but I wouldn't call myself anything. i listen to what the fuck I feel like. I don't dress like a punk. I wear what clothes I want. I think like a 'hippy'. I act more like a 'stoner'... but I'm none of these things, because these things don't really exist, I'm just a person.

The people in Henry's don't think of themselves as anything other than people who drink in Henry's, for the most part... At least half of the clientele in there are past 40 and were listening to 'alternative' music while the best part of you was dribbling back down your mother's thigh but that's another point. They're in there not to listen to metal or show how elite they are. They're in there because to get pissed up with their mates, because it's a place where people don't judge eachother on those terms. You never know what you're gonna hear in there.. it depends who's behind the bar. hell, if it's Idge it's likely to be Prince, Queen, and other assorted cheese for the duration of the evening.

you've created this so called "rock elitism" in your mind. the reason you're not accepted in there is because you insist of thinking of people in terms of how metal they are, true or not, whether they're black, whether they listen to punk, how they dress. if you weren't thinking like that, you wouldn't convince yourself that everyone else was judging you in the same way. in Henry's, it's usually the ones with the "i'm so hardcore" attitude that don't last 5 minutes and end up hating the place. oh, hang on a second, who does that remind us of?

not everyone likes to pick a ready-made ID badge off the shelf and then compete with those around them to who can fit it the most. some people create their own identity.

have you understood any of this?

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 14:25

Originally posted by BrennuvargR
If I was racist, why would I listen to bands such as Blasphemy, who have black members in? Now fuck off....

oh and finally, for your own reference, this is the shittest "i'm not racist" argument in the world. all this statement shows is that you are too naive to know what racism actually means. it's about prejudice and stereotyping, not whether or not you'll associate with black people. I know plenty of racist twats that will listen to a black band but still quite happily declare all blacks to be educationally sub-normal criminals.

slim
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by slim » 14 Jun 2004, 14:32

hahaha "stupider"! sorry tom. :D

Mehta is a little shit-prick though. 8)
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 14 Jun 2004, 14:38

pedantic bastard *shakes fist*

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 14 Jun 2004, 20:57

OK, I see your point with the labelling thing, but I was talking about the general arrogance I witness in Uncle Henry's. I don't really have much else to say really..

Originally posted by slim
hahaha "stupider"! sorry tom. :D

Mehta is a little shit-prick though. 8)

I believe 'stupider' is an actual word.