Dating websites

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Charley
Slug
Slug

Dating websites

Post by Charley » 21 May 2008, 10:39

Discuss.

Good/bad/dangerous/for sados who can't get a fcuk in the convential way?
Cast a vote
Take the blame
Torn from the mother
Feel no shame
Close your eye
Watch with the other
His arm is loaded
Could be your brother

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Re: Dating websites

Post by Alka » 21 May 2008, 12:00

It's fair enough for people who want to use them in my opinion, but a lot of people seem to not think "oh, this is the internet, this man I think I'm in love with might not be quite as wonderful IRL LOL".

In pretty much everything everyone does ever, people need to think more.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

Charley
Slug
Slug

Post by Charley » 21 May 2008, 12:12

The only reason I was asking is cuz this bird at work who is about 20 I think, has signed up and is getting hit on by the mid to late 30s who seem to be a bit weird.

I also know of one chick I used to knock about with when we were about 18/19 who got stalked by some sicko who was about 37 I think.

I dunno.
Cast a vote
Take the blame
Torn from the mother
Feel no shame
Close your eye
Watch with the other
His arm is loaded
Could be your brother

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 21 May 2008, 12:35

i tried one once, i don't see anything wrong with it. i'm not good at meeting people (by 'people' i mean girls) really, i get nervous. so i thought it'd be a good way to meet folks. i think the number of pervy old men vastly outweighs the number of hot young ladies by a long way though, so i soon gave up. i'll stick to silently lusting after girls i'll never have the balls to say hello to in real life. blatantly the way forward.

anti anti
Amoeba With Mates
Amoeba With Mates

Post by anti anti » 21 May 2008, 12:50

i know a friend that met a girl on the internet and they are getting on well.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 21 May 2008, 12:52

anti anti wrote:i know a friend that met a girl on the internet and they are getting on well.

yeah i have met (and subsequently had sex with) girls on the internet. not from actual dating websites though, strangely.

anti anti
Amoeba With Mates
Amoeba With Mates

Post by anti anti » 21 May 2008, 12:57

were they anything like they made out to be on the internet?

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 21 May 2008, 13:20

my dad met his wife through a dating site.
she's a cunt though. but he seems to like her so... i guess it works for some people.
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 May 2008, 16:47

Was that the one I got stoned with or was that your mum and her bloke?
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

Favourite Ginge
Amoeba With Mates
Amoeba With Mates

Post by Favourite Ginge » 21 May 2008, 23:20

I think fair play if people want to give them a go. I might give it a whirl myself this summer.....unless I meet someone IRL first! I'd be a bit nervous to mee someone off the internet I think. I'd be scared that they had lied and were actually a freaky old man/psycho....or that they'd be like "you're minging in real life" (lol?)....or both! But I don't really see anything wrong with it. One of my mum's colleagues met a guy on the internet a few years ago and now they're happily married with kids.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 21 May 2008, 23:26

yeah, to be honest i've never actually met a girl online and chatted for weeks and then arranged to meet up. it's always been more like 'oh you're that girl on snail/myspace, etc etc bonk bonk'.

if that makes any sense. it probably doesn't.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 21 May 2008, 23:46

I met a girl on the net once on soulseek. Ended up flying over from Germany to come and see me. That was an excellent two weeks.

Dating websites don't really appeal to me at all. I can't be arsed with it. I would rather meet someone in real life.
Well I could call out when the going gets tough
The things that we learned are no longer enough
No language just sound is all we need know
To synchronize love to the beat of the show

Neat
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by Neat » 21 May 2008, 23:52

Hmm.. i'm of mixed opion here, you have to bre pretty pathetic if you can't find someone in real life, but at the same time if it means I can meet a Fit, nice, intelligent girl who isn't fucking mental or has 2+ kids with different fathers, (not that i'm picky at all) then I'm all up for the idea :)
I'm not a psychopath, I'm a sociopath. A psychopath doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. A sociopath just doesn't care.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 21 May 2008, 23:57

Why pathetic? Some people don't have the time to go out and find someone.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 22 May 2008, 00:18

Neat wrote:Hmm.. i'm of mixed opion here, you have to bre pretty pathetic if you can't find someone in real life, but at the same time if it means I can meet a Fit, nice, intelligent girl who isn't fucking mental or has 2+ kids with different fathers, (not that i'm picky at all) then I'm all up for the idea :)

all women are mental pete, you must know this by now.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 22 May 2008, 00:23

The amazing vomit stain wrote:Why pathetic? Some people don't have the time to go out and find someone.

Truth.
My mum and stepdad met a la dating website.

Neat
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by Neat » 22 May 2008, 00:48

The amazing vomit stain wrote:Why pathetic? Some people don't have the time to go out and find someone.

I mean at my age group where you still going out and hopefully meeting new people. If your under 30 and you don't have time then you need to re-address your life.

metal_dave wrote:all women are mental pete, you must know this by now.

I know this dave...i should of added completely :)
I'm not a psychopath, I'm a sociopath. A psychopath doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. A sociopath just doesn't care.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 22 May 2008, 00:50

Neat wrote:I mean at my age group where you still going out and hopefully meeting new people. If your under 30 and you don't have time then you need to re-address your life.

Totally depends on whether you enjoy what it is that is keeping you out of the pub really.

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 22 May 2008, 01:37

Lord_Blacknose wrote:Was that the one I got stoned with or was that your mum and her bloke?

hah! no, that was my mum and her fella :D who is also a cunt - no dating sites involved though
8o that was fucking years ago!
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 22 May 2008, 08:15

The amazing vomit stain wrote:
Neat wrote:I mean at my age group where you still going out and hopefully meeting new people. If your under 30 and you don't have time then you need to re-address your life.

Totally depends on whether you enjoy what it is that is keeping you out of the pub really.

and whether or not you can afford to go to the pub (or indeed do anything) all the time...

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 22 May 2008, 10:22

counterfeit wrote:
Lord_Blacknose wrote:Was that the one I got stoned with or was that your mum and her bloke?

hah! no, that was my mum and her fella :D who is also a cunt - no dating sites involved though
8o that was fucking years ago!

innit
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 22 May 2008, 19:19

Neat wrote:

I mean at my age group where you still going out and hopefully meeting new people. If your under 30 and you don't have time then you need to re-address your life.

metal_dave wrote:all women are mental pete, you must know this by now.

I know this dave...i should of added completely :)

Some people just aren't very good when it comes to talking to people they don't know from the opposite sex. We're not all just big balls of confidence-oozing lust who can approach girls at bars and such places. A lot of it has to do with luck, and meeting friends through friends, things like that. The internet is a much easier place to find out if you have common ground and if you're compatible with a stranger. I've never been compelled to try and dating sites myself to be honest but there shouldn't be any sort of stigma attached to them really. It's the 21st Century, if you can discuss the concept of internet dating with a group of people you've never met before without it being pathetic, why should acting upon it be deemed as pathetic? I hate that there's all this pressure to be in a relationship, or to chat up girls, or to be as social as you possibly can all the time. If you don't adhere to all that then you're pathetic or you've got your priorities wrong? I don't buy that.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 22 May 2008, 22:47

Tomaroundtheworld wrote: I hate that there's all this pressure to be in a relationship,

So do I! To quote The Long Blondes (and believe me, I've never had or wanted to before) "[I'm] only 19 for God's sake [I] don't need a boyfriend".

I'm not bashing folk in relationships or owt, but don't pity me because I don't have one, I don't have one by choice.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 May 2008, 00:12

Tomaroundtheworld wrote: I hate that there's all this pressure to be in a relationship, or to chat up girls, or to be as social as you possibly can all the time. If you don't adhere to all that then you're pathetic or you've got your priorities wrong? I don't buy that.

i hear you man. i've had people take the piss out of me for spending so much time at home in front of my computer and whatnot. fact of the matter is i'm too tired and/or skint to go out all the time. i work hard monday to friday, and i like to chill out of an evening and put my feet up. i'm not 18 any more after all. i've never been one for conforming to other people's standards though.

as far as relationships go though, i only really feel pressure from myself. i'm sick of being a spare wheel all the time and hanging out with happy couples. i've got parties to go to across the summer and i swear i'm gonna be the only single person at any of them. i can imagine whispers of 'oh, poor old dave still hasn't got a girlfriend'. plus i'm 27, if i don't settle down and have kids soon my donger might stop working.

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by Meta4rik » 24 May 2008, 08:06

At the begining of the year I ended a 2 year relationship. I so much prefer being single. I can actually do what I want to do. And go on holiday to where I want to go.

Only thing that appeals to me about a dating website is that they might live miles away, so you don't have to see the bint everyday.

Jammie
Cool Slug
Cool Slug

Post by Jammie » 15 Aug 2008, 19:16

Well it's not a dating website but I met my wife and mother of my child (same person) online and I can't see anything wrong with it at all. I guess it can all be down to personal experiences though.
What Exactly Is So Cool About Cucumbers Anyway?

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 18 Aug 2008, 10:34

two "hay guys i bagged some internet sex" posts that don't even relate to dating websites. class.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 19 Aug 2008, 09:50

And you're the only person who actually gives a fuck.
Regards,

Jim

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 19 Aug 2008, 10:00

posting != giving a fuck

<<<

bad day jimmlebum sweetychops? x
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.