Black on black crime

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Black on black crime

Post by garymcnally » 24 Jan 2008, 11:41

What are all of your views on the term "black on black crime"? Do you think that it is a legitimate term to discuss a real problem in soceity,

or do you think that it is itself a racist term, ignoring the true causes of crime and implying that it is black peoples "blackness" itself that causes this crime?
Happy now? :'-(

Bambino
Slug
Slug

Re: Black on black crime

Post by Bambino » 24 Jan 2008, 12:49

Never really thought about that 1. Although i think you may be right. The title does insinuate not only that the race of the person affects the fact that it's been committed but it also always makes me think of social status/backgrounds and more often than not the picture conjured is one of Inner City council estate. I'm actually shocked at how narrow minded i am.
As i walk away,
I look over my shoulder,
To see what i'm leaving behind,
Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 24 Jan 2008, 14:17

The theory goes that crime is caused by many different things, social deprevation, a lack of things to do etc... and that we as a soceity need to make ourselves responsible for curing these problems. Using the term "black on black" and saying that the "black community" needs to solve these problems, lets the rest of soceity off, we don't need to worry, its a black problem.

But the truth is that crime effects us all, blacks murder blacks, whites murder whites and all the different possible combinations. By using the term "black on black" we imply that race is the cause and that being black is the cause of the crime...but thats racist. The cause of crime is not genetic, its sociological.

I'll finnish this later...

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Jan 2008, 14:24

it sounds pretty hot.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 24 Jan 2008, 17:26

Crime is crime, no matter what race you are. I've never once in my life heard anyone say, 'white on white crime' and I'm sure if people started not a great deal of people would be happy about it.
If someone has just killed another person, I'd much prefer to know why, rather than what colour their skin was as this really isn't a relevant piece of information in the news.
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 24 Jan 2008, 17:52

What's wrong with just'crime' exactly? Why the need to differentiate?
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Jan 2008, 18:28

god i hate blacks.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 24 Jan 2008, 19:41

I'm glad to see that so far most people seem to hold the same view as me on this :-)

slim
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by slim » 25 Jan 2008, 11:17

Have you asked the black people if they're offended? Three little pigs.
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 25 Jan 2008, 11:23

what about policeman?
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

slim
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by slim » 25 Jan 2008, 11:24

Do black policemen use the term?
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 25 Jan 2008, 12:00

oh, haha. i thought this was the thread about the 3 little pigs books.

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by Meta4rik » 01 Feb 2008, 21:14

garymcnally wrote:What are all of your views on the term "black on black crime"? Do you think that it is a legitimate term to discuss a real problem in soceity,

or do you think that it is itself a racist term, ignoring the true causes of crime and implying that it is black peoples "blackness" itself that causes this crime?

Most crime in the UK is "black on black". How is that racist?

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 02 Feb 2008, 04:31

Meta4rik wrote:
garymcnally wrote:What are all of your views on the term "black on black crime"? Do you think that it is a legitimate term to discuss a real problem in soceity,

proof please.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 04 Feb 2008, 15:11

Meta4rik wrote:

Why don't you go fellate a nazi you cunt.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 04 Feb 2008, 15:43

:chuckle:

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 06 Feb 2008, 14:37

The problem is that it ignores the true root causes of crime and attempts to absolve wider society of all responsibility towards sorting out the problem.

Crime is a sociological problem, caused by social depravation and inequalities in wealth. You'll always have axe murdering psychopaths, but if we get rid of the inequalities we will get rid of the vast majority of crime.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 06 Feb 2008, 14:47

beat the shit out of them gazza.

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 06 Feb 2008, 15:04

I don't necessarily disagree with you Gary, and I definately don't agree with this "black on black" term either, but it's idealistic on quite a few levels to think that getting rid of inequalities eradicate the vast majority of crime. For a start, do you mean purely on a racial level, or that just as a start before hitting the social and economic problems? To get to the level where it'll start to make as massive a difference as we'd want is ridiculously high. For a start, the government is never going to really have a go at it, but lets say they did. It'd backfire straight away as people still stuck in a life of crime will just reap the extra benefits whilst not really changing their lifestyle. If that did happen, all the tabloids and torys would be quick to say how any sort of new scheme is counter productive and any sort of constructive timescale that'd be needed would be under so much pressure I couldn't see that working.

And also, there's always going to be a decent number of people who seem crime as being well worth the risk. If someone can shift a few grands worth of coke without too much effort, then there's always going to be people who'll prefer that to slaving away in an office. Regardless of whether they have come from a depraved background or not.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 07 Feb 2008, 17:24

I get what you mean, it's a tall order to expect soceity to change, and it probably wont happen over night. Peoples attitudes can take decades to change, but they can change.

The government that we have at the moment...infact the very FORM of government that we have at the moment, is very unlikely to let this kind of change happen.

As for organised criminals that traffic drugs/weapons/people etc. I would say there is relatively few of them compaired to muggers in the street. Allthough you could argue that the weapons traffickers have a much greater negative impact than muggers/petty criminals.

I'd say, try our best to get rid of all inequality in the world and then track down and punish the GENUINE scum who exploit others. After 5 or 10 years I reckon crime will be reduced to just the odd exploitative cock...who we can just kill and be done with :-)

Sorry, that yould be a lot clearer and make much more sense if I wasn't as shattered as I am.

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by Meta4rik » 11 Feb 2008, 19:40

metal_dave wrote:
Meta4rik wrote:

proof please.

No problem Sir. http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/s95race04.pdf
As you can see that non-whites commit a lot more crime in the UK than Whites (when compared to demographic statistics).

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 11 Feb 2008, 20:24

Actualy that only shows a very slight discrepancy which can almost certaintly be accounted for by backgrounds / poverty rather well.

You sir are a racist and a bigot. End yourself for the good of mankind kthnx.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 11 Feb 2008, 21:11

aslo, 'non-white' doesn't mean 'black'.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Feb 2008, 08:37

nor does it mean 'black on black'.

Chris
Snail
Snail

Post by Chris » 12 Feb 2008, 14:50

Hey guys AC/DC rule.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 27 Feb 2008, 17:21

Meta4rik wrote:No problem Sir. http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/s95race04.pdf
As you can see that non-whites commit a lot more crime in the UK than Whites (when compared to demographic statistics).

Any serious attempt to imply that it is BECAUSE of the fact that someone is black, that they commit a crime is just racism. These are problems that exist with our society creating inequalities which then lead to crime.

There is no proven link between behavioural characteristics and race. In fact the very notion of "race" is itself an invention. As I said to a police office the other day "Prove I'm not Syrian".

A TUC report found that a white man earns on average £332 a week whereas the average black African man earns £216 a week. Pakistani men earn £182 a week...

That means I earn more a week than the average black or Pakistani man in this country, and I'm a fucking temp worker! This society is rotten to the core if it can let this sort of inequality exist.

This sort of inequality is what leads to crime, not being black! Obviously violent racist lying thugs like the BNP and the NF don't help matters...neither do New Labour and the Conservatives for perpetuating the myth that "Multi culturalism" has failed. Middle class bastards like UKIP can fuck off too for that matter...and migration watch.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 28 Feb 2008, 07:01

garymcnally wrote:
Meta4rik wrote:No problem Sir. http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/s95race04.pdf

A TUC report found that a white man earns on average £332 a week whereas the average black African man earns £216 a week. Pakistani men earn £182 a week...

That means I earn more a week than the average black or Pakistani man in this country, and I'm a fucking temp worker! This society is rotten to the core if it can let this sort of inequality exist.

This is a pointless comparison. It is because they are generally working different jobs. It's not like there are people of the different races working the same jobs for different pay. The two desks adjacent to mine in my office are manned by black guys, and they're raking it in.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 28 Feb 2008, 08:18

chippy wrote:[
This is a pointless comparison. It is because they are generally working different jobs. It's not like there are people of the different races working the same jobs for different pay. The two desks adjacent to mine in my office are manned by black guys, and they're raking it in.

yeah, say what you like about rape, there aint much money in it.

oooooooooooooooooooh, it's ok when i say it because it's a joke.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 28 Feb 2008, 13:59

I wouldnt say it is a inrrelevent comparison, I'd say I just didnt explain my case properly.

Think WHY black men are not in the same (higher paid) jobs as 'us whities'. I'd say it is partly to do with the fact that our education system is inherrently racist. Black pupils are more likely to fail an exam if the verifier knows they're white, but if blind marking is used then they tend to do just as well.

This sort of thing occouring early on in childhood creates a self fullfilling the prohpecy of failure. If the child from an early child thinks they're destined to fail, then they are more likely to do so.

Also these same racist attitudes that exist in the education system also exist in most soceity.

I hate to use annecdotal evidence, but a freind of mine is far more quallified and driven than I am, has far more expeariance and impressive references than I do, but through months of trying to get work in Birmingham, couldn't. I turned up and was offered a job in a day. The crucial difference, my freind is arabic and has a beard that comes below his shoulders...I don't.