Mayor of London!

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Mayor of London!

Post by Meta4rik » 28 Sep 2007, 15:09

Red Ken Vs Boris, who do you think is going to win?

Or will we get a complete shock and will one of the following win it?
Respect
Christian Peoples Alliance
Liberal Democrats
Green Party Candidate
British National Party
UKIP
Independent Working Class Association

Has to be Boris surely!! Question Time last night was good. It touched on the issue of who should and will be mayor, and it seemed split between Boris and Red Ken.

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Re: Mayor of London!

Post by Dannnn » 28 Sep 2007, 16:43

I fucking love Boris Johnson. I hope he wins.

kev
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by kev » 02 Oct 2007, 14:30

the daves
Amoeba
Amoeba

Post by the daves » 02 Oct 2007, 18:16

boris the incompetent for mayor, can't be worse than red ken, and far more entertaining. mayor and jester rolled into one! :))

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 03 Oct 2007, 13:02

it should be a darkie
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 03 Oct 2007, 17:35

Except for the obvious exception of UKIP and the BNP, I struggle to think of anyone worse than that tory twat! Does anyone really think he's going to give a shit about normal people? He's going to be sucking as much corporate cock as his greedy little hooves can grab.
Happy now? :'-(

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 04 Oct 2007, 09:13

it should definitely be a muslim.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 17 Oct 2007, 12:52

it should be babar luck
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 17 Oct 2007, 13:43

he ent addit easy like us yeh.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 17 Oct 2007, 14:30

no, he hasn't.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 17 Oct 2007, 18:57

i just wish he'd said that to ivana.

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by Meta4rik » 04 Dec 2007, 16:49

Fuckin' hypocritaical Red scum...

''In 2005, London’s far-left mayor, Ken Livingstone, illustrated this unholy alliance by publicly embracing Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, the cleric who endorses suicide bombings in Israel and Iraq. In the same year, he asked a Jewish reporter who approached him after a party, “What did you do before? Were you a German war criminal?” When the reporter said that he was Jewish and that the remark offended him, Livingstone likened him to a “concentration camp guard.” After a government panel found that Livingstone had brought his office into disrepute, the mayor challenged the finding in court, where a judge ruled that his remarks were not anti-Semitic. But the Community Security Trust found that a number of perpetrators of anti-Semitic attacks mentioned those comments. And John Mann, chairman of the Parliamentary Committee Against Antisemitism, was in no doubt: “If you have people like the Mayor of London crossing the line . . . then it gives a message out to the rest of the community. That is why antisemitism is on the rise again—because it’s become acceptable.”

Livingstone is not the only leftist politician “crossing the line.” In 2003, Labour backbencher Tam Dalyell claimed that Tony Blair was “being unduly influenced by a cabal of Jewish advisers.” Liberal Democrat Jenny Tonge, whose party honored her with a peerage after she sympathized with suicide bombers and compared Arabs in Gaza with Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto, told her party conference in 2006: “The pro-Israel lobby has got its grips on the Western world. I think they’ve probably got a certain grip on our party.”

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 04 Jan 2008, 19:40

Again with the Red scum comments! Ken Livingstone may be left wing compared to the rest of New Labour, but on the grand scale of things...he's not left wing at all. And to call him far left is a pretty big stretch of the imagination! I wouldn't even call him Red. I'd say he's fairly blue.

And as for this whole Israel lobby stuff. There is an un-healthy link between our government and the Israeli state. During the war between Hezbollah and Israel in Southern Lebanon every member of the UN's security council wanted to call Israel for an immediate ceasefire, but the US and Britain refused to do so and no statement was never released, prolonging the war, leading to many more innocent men women and children dying needlessly on both sides of the border...but keeping Israel happy.

As for comparing Arabs in Gaza with the Jews in the Ghettos of Nazi Germany, I'd say there are some comparisons that can be made. Being treated like second class citizens in your own country, and facing the risk of being shot by the state that should be protecting you are just two examples.

However I'd be more tempted to compare the Arabs of Gaza and the West bank with the resistance movement of occupied France. Or the Ancient Britain’s led by Boudicca against the Romans. The Palestinians have a legitimate right to defend themselves against occupation. Although I do not agree with the murder of civilians, women or children, the blame for their actions does not lay entirely on them.

The Israeli state creates the tensions that lead to violence in Palestine. I find it very difficult to sympathise with any member of the Israeli state or military that finds themselves the victim of an attack from Hamas or Hezbollah.

If Israel want to stop the deaths, they can start by withdrawing completely from the West Bank and the Gaza strip, releasing the legitimately elected Palestinian Hamas leadership and end the blockade of the Gaza strip.

People often say that Hamas shouldn't be aloud to lead Palestine because they do not recognise Israel and call for the end of the Israeli state. But Israel doesn't recognise the state of Palestine and is not only actively calling for the end of the Palestinian state, but of the Palestinian people themselves!

The libarry is about to close so thats all I have time to right...
Happy now? :'-(

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by Meta4rik » 03 May 2008, 11:57

Well done to Boris and the Conservatives! :celebrate:

The results (and the new London Assembly):

Boris Johnson (Tory): 1,043,761 (seats in Assembly 11)
Ken Livingstone (Lab): 893,877 (seats in Assembly 8 )
Brian Paddick (Lib Dem): 236,685 (seats in Assembly 3)
Sian Berry, (Green): 77,374 (seats in Assembly 2)
Richard Barnbrook (BNP): 69,710 (seats in Assembly 1)

campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Post by campy » 03 May 2008, 12:58

Boris may seem like an incompetent twat, but it's only an act. Tories winning London mayorship, meh, I don't care... I never goto London. BNP getting an assembly seat though, gaaaaaaaay.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 03 May 2008, 15:42

metal_dave wrote:i just wish he'd said that to ivana.

are you still not over that?
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 03 May 2008, 16:47

metal_dave wrote:he ent addit easy like us yeh.

Excuse me, I'll have you know I had to go to school with people from council estates.
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 03 May 2008, 20:09

Lord_Blacknose wrote:
metal_dave wrote:i just wish he'd said that to ivana.

are you still not over that?

i'm still not over that in october 2007, no.

edit: but for the record i do still think it was a twattish thing to say. and racist, really.