Ebay

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Ebay

Post by JimmyBlind » 06 Jul 2007, 13:25

Ever been fucked on E-bay?

I have.

What steps did you take to rectify the situation and get your item/money back?

Discuss.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 06 Jul 2007, 13:46

yep, me too.

what happened?

someone managed to get their way into my e-mail account, and subsequently my paypal and ebay accounts. spent about £700 on characters in Everquest or some other MMO. I found out, told Paypal who said they'd investigate and "might not" take the money, so i told them to get fucked, canclled everything, rang my bank and told them not to give any money to paypal under any circumstances. unlike paypal they didn't seem to have a problem with this, since, y'know, it's MY FUCKING MONEY.

shortly after, paypal rang me bitching about failed payments. i told them to go fuck themselvs and haven't used them or ebay since.

what happened to you? get sold duff goods? ebay has a process for dealing with it i think.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 06 Jul 2007, 14:32

That's a considerably worse situation than mine have ever even accumulated to Chippy. Ouch!

Some cunt was selling sunglasses. To be fair, it's only 40 quid which I can afford to loose but why let someone get away with it?
His payment methods specified only Postal Orders. Knowing how risky they are, I sent him a message asking for his Account details to transfer the money directly. This way, I could prove that he received it. His account name was vastly different to his e-bay name.
I didn't receive the item after a week and e-mailed him. He gave some cock & ball story about a family member dying recently and that he'd send them 'today'. This goes back 2 weeks now. His delivery charge was £7.50 which is hardly a 1st class stamp so It's not been lost in the mail.
His account has since been cancelled & he refuses to answer his e-mails.
He's also got several poor feedbacks about fake glasses etc.
I've got his address & went to directory inquiries to find his phone number so I could threaten to cut his balls off. No joy with that name. Surprise.

I phoned the police and they didn't seem to be able to help me until I specified his address. Turns out there's a few open enquiries into a potential fraudster at that address. Got my crime number so I guess I just wait.

I think I might send him a few turds in the post.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 06 Jul 2007, 14:45

i guess all you can do is report him to ebay and the police and hope they sort it out. i'm sure ebay have some sort of insurance in place for this sort of thing.

it's "cock and bull", incidentally, but I like cock and ball better.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 06 Jul 2007, 14:57

That's why I said it. Plus it's a fitting alternative to saying 'Bollocks'.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 06 Jul 2007, 15:28

nah, what i mean is, it's cock and bull. as in the animals.

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 06 Jul 2007, 15:41

I think Jimmy was playing on words the first time he said it... he's aware that it's meant to be bull :suck:

*sigh* what a load of bullocks.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 06 Jul 2007, 15:54

oh

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 08 Jul 2007, 17:08

i once bought some earphones on ebay, nice sennheiser ones, and they blew after about 6 hours of use. so i sent the guy a really angry email, saying 'you're shit, your shop is shit, these earphones are shit and i hate you die die die' or something along those lines. and he sent one back saying 'sorry, i'll send you some more'. result.

-dabadanselecta-
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by -dabadanselecta- » 09 Jul 2007, 07:34

i got a 80's ghetto blaster off ebay on the description said everything was working fine,it arrived tape not working, line in aux sound only really quiet but the radio sound loud and crisp as fuck - so atleast i know that i can get it serviced i only need the line in to be working properlly. i emailed the seller like wtf and no reply . ilearnt my lesson only get electrical goods from ebay if they will let you come collect so i can check its all fine myself in person... you live and learn hey

ive stopped buying records of ebay aswell as i cant trust that they wont come warped from being treated like crap in courier sat above a warm engine part or whatever luckily never had a really warped record..
sheeple - I need a laptop -

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 09 Jul 2007, 10:40

I've been remarkably lucky with ebay. I only buy from sellers with good feedback and who let me pay with paypal.

Then again, I do buy a lot of shit off ebay, like yarn, rat hammocks, more yarn, more rat hammocks.... :nuts:

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Jul 2007, 11:21

I'm not sure why, but I really like the idea of a rat hammock.

I have images of a Banksy-esque rat, complete with sunglasses, cocktail with curly straw and a cocktail umbrella lazing between two miniature palm trees...

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 09 Jul 2007, 11:49

my rats have 2 hammocks already, and I've just bought them another hanging little house, another swing and loads of cool stuff. I spoil those rats.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 09 Jul 2007, 11:50

i want a rat.

my ex bought a rat recently and called it jihad.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 09 Jul 2007, 12:13

i want a hammock. and two trees to hang it between. on a beach in central america. thanks.

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 09 Jul 2007, 12:26

rats are brilliant, hammocks are brilliant, rat hammocks are the ultimate.

I just got back from my friends' place in wales, and they have a hammock hanging down from the ceiling in their living room. it is lovely fun to sit in :)

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 09 Jul 2007, 14:32

I kill rats for a living
Lip up fatty

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Jul 2007, 14:42

Me lil sis has a couple of rats, Nexus and Nova. Nexus is brown/white, the sweetest rat I've ever seen.

Nova on the other hand is an albino pink eyed fucker. He bites. He shits/pisses on you. He's generally a horrible little creature.

A human sized hammock would be great, or even better one of those 'love swings' hehe, I likses the look of those... ;)

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 09 Jul 2007, 14:44

here's a pic of my best friend Woody and my rats, Lou and Andy.

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 09 Jul 2007, 14:53

tame rats are wicked. wild rats are really not.
Lip up fatty

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Jul 2007, 15:05

Meh, bloody work firewall's blocked the piccy, I'll have to wait till I get back home :P

all I get is :broken:

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Jul 2007, 15:25

SquidgyB wrote:A human sized hammock would be great, or even better one of those 'love swings' hehe, I likses the look of those... ;)

i have one of these.

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 09 Jul 2007, 16:53

i'd like a love swing, but I havent got room in the flat or anyone to play with on it.
Maybe one day i'll have a house with my own "love room" in it. It'll have a big double bed, a love swing, and a stereo playing smooooth jazz..oh and candles!

anyway, yeah ebay is really bad....

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Jul 2007, 18:16

your rats look identical to my sister's, bar the fact that you can hold the albino one and still have your fingers. very cute! :suck:

the size of a rat's knackers will always disturb me though...

-dabadanselecta-
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by -dabadanselecta- » 09 Jul 2007, 19:53

i love them 2 rats ,they have even had a shout out on the radio how cool are they !!! also my rat i used to have called Henry was awesome he came out on little adventures with me i altered my hoody pocket so he had a little kangeroo pouch type set up. word x x x

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 11 Jul 2007, 20:19

jo_rhymes wrote:I've been remarkably lucky with ebay. I only buy from sellers with good feedback and who let me pay with paypal.

Then again, I do buy a lot of shit off ebay, like yarn, rat hammocks, more yarn, more rat hammocks.... :nuts:

Same here, but with clothes usually, couple of pairs of shoes, and make up.
Ahh I'm such a girl.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

-dabadanselecta-
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by -dabadanselecta- » 12 Jul 2007, 00:26

just a observation ebay thread in serious way hmmmmm oh so serious dum duh dum dum duh duh wordizzle

jo_rhymes
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by jo_rhymes » 13 Jul 2007, 12:30

well, if you get royally screwed on ebay and you dont know what steps to take to rectify the situation, legal or otherwise, i guess it is quite serious.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 13 Jul 2007, 13:39

Good points made by all.

I got an unpaid item strike once, silly fuckers.
I gave up morals when I took up booze