Ebay

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Richbamboozle
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by Richbamboozle » 20 Jul 2007, 09:38

I've been really lucky with ebay and have never been ripped off. Although someone did try too by sending me a fake cheque, but as it didn't quite look right I took it to the bank who confirmed it was a forgery.

Once i sold an old cymbal arm attachment that you can buy brand new for about £15 in drumwright and some guy bidded £30 for it! But as i'm a nice guy I sent him some money back when I posted it.

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 20 Jul 2007, 12:02

Blimey, you are a decent chap!
I wouldn't have done that, if they are THAT stupid then tough titties i reckon.
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

http://www.myspace.com/filsatan
http://www.myspace.com/luckysixxuk

Bambino
Slug
Slug

Post by Bambino » 20 Jul 2007, 12:23

filsatan wrote:Blimey, you are a decent chap!
I wouldn't have done that, if they are THAT stupid then tough titties i reckon.

Totally agree.
As i walk away,
I look over my shoulder,
To see what i'm leaving behind,
Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed.

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 20 Jul 2007, 12:33

Plus, i'm skint, so that would have been a few beers at the pub. I miss the pub ;(
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

Bambino
Slug
Slug

Post by Bambino » 20 Jul 2007, 12:36

How in god's name can you miss the pub :eh: .All you have to do in newbs is turn around and hey presto.........another pub. Or is this the sentimental value???
As i walk away,
I look over my shoulder,

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 20 Jul 2007, 12:40

filsatan wrote:Plus, i'm skint, so that would have been a few beers at the pub. I miss the pub ;(

me too man, me too.

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 20 Jul 2007, 12:43

Bambino wrote:How in god's name can you miss the pub :eh: .All you have to do in newbs is turn around and hey presto.........another pub. Or is this the sentimental value???

Mainly sentimental, also i can't even go to a second choice pub at the mo becuase of the lack of funds, walking past them all yesterday on the way home was torture.

Bambino
Slug
Slug

Post by Bambino » 25 Jul 2007, 13:09

filsatan wrote:
Bambino wrote:How in god's name can you miss the pub :eh: .All you have to do in newbs is turn around and hey presto.........another pub. Or is this the sentimental value???

Mainly sentimental, also i can't even go to a second choice pub at the mo becuase of the lack of funds, walking past them all yesterday on the way home was torture.

awwwwwwww bless ya go to the pub with friends thas what me and my friends do. We shout each other when brassic. Afterall every1 wants to go to the pub and no1 wants to go alone!! :))
As i walk away,
I look over my shoulder,

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 25 Jul 2007, 13:26

Too true Bambinoid.
It's pay day Friday though, i'm sure i'll make up for lost time! ;)

Bambino
Slug
Slug

Post by Bambino » 25 Jul 2007, 14:11

it best be a stonkin drunken effort lovey otherwise i will be sorely disappointed. I want to hear on monday that you have fallen over shown your knickers, knicked a road sign and been arrested for being rude to a police officer lol :clap:
As i walk away,
I look over my shoulder,

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 25 Jul 2007, 14:15

I will do my best/worst :thumb:

Don't worry I am WELL practiced, so cannot forsee ANY problems!

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 09 Aug 2007, 14:10

chippy wrote:yep, me too.

what happened?

someone managed to get their way into my e-mail account, and subsequently my paypal and ebay accounts. spent about £700 on characters in Everquest or some other MMO. I found out, told Paypal who said they'd investigate and "might not" take the money, so i told them to get fucked, canclled everything, rang my bank and told them not to give any money to paypal under any circumstances. unlike paypal they didn't seem to have a problem with this, since, y'know, it's MY FUCKING MONEY.

shortly after, paypal rang me bitching about failed payments. i told them to go fuck themselvs and haven't used them or ebay since.

what happened to you? get sold duff goods? ebay has a process for dealing with it i think.

to be fair, this is more your fault for being careless with the security of your account than it is paypals. sounds to me like you've probably opened a backdoor somewhere along the line. unless your password was just painfully obvious.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Aug 2007, 14:17

doubt it. I use obscure passwords with a mix of caps and numbers, and I know few people who had their paypal passwords hacked around the same time. either way, my problem is not so much the fact that it happened, it's the way paypal handled it.
you'll have to explain what you mean by my leaving a backdoor open, i wasn't aware i had that much control over their site. could have had a keylogger on my PC but multiple scans of things never turned anything up, and i haven't had anything broken into since.
Last edited by chippy on 09 Aug 2007, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 09 Aug 2007, 14:19

oh, and i've never been fucked over on ebay yet. had a few difficult encounters here and there, you know the ones who don't send you the item for a good 2 months and finally come out with the "my house was broke into and someone stole the item", after using "my uncle died yesterday" and "i've been busy i'll send it soon". some people are a fucking joke.

I've also had a few damaged items in the post, which i've just put down to poor packaging but the seller has always been willing to either refund, or give me a payment for a repair on the item.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 09 Aug 2007, 14:29

chippy wrote:doubt it. I use obscure passwords with a mix of caps and numbers, and I know few people who had their paypal passwords hacked around the same time. either way, my problem is not so much the fact that it happened, it's the way paypal handled it.
you'll have to explain what you mean by my leaving a backdoor open, i wasn't aware i had that much control over their site. could have had a keylogger on my PC but multiple scans of things never turned anything up, and i haven't had anything broken into since.

by backdoor i meant a trojan, allowing someone to have remote access to your computer, and using a keylogger for example. if it wasn't that then the chances are it was someone you knew personally who had direct access to your computer at some point, surely?

either way sounds like you got pretty fucked over. could have been worse if they were brighter. personally I would have transferred all of it via western union.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Aug 2007, 14:38

it could be, i scanned my computer pretty thoroughly and didn't find a thing, and I take all the necessary precautions. but i did format to be on the save side after that. as I said though multiple people had the same problem around the time so it coulda been a breach on their part, who knows. i wasn't bothered until I found them and they acted like they didn't really give a shit and that they "might" not take the money.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 09 Aug 2007, 23:00

i just bought a 30gb ipod on ebay. if i get fucked over i'll cry.