2 year sentance for raping a 10 year old girl.

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 29 Jun 2007, 23:49

LittleTill wrote:my friend is a solicitor and earns a shit load. Dan is your head peanut shaped - blatently gonna compare it with some peanuts when i next see you

Solicitors can earn shitloads, I never said they couldn't.

Chris
Snail
Snail

Post by Chris » 30 Jun 2007, 11:37

IamCoop wrote:
Inertia Creeps wrote:
IamCoop wrote:They're obviously shit lawyers then. Or do you mean soliciters? Considering you're using an american term, i'm not sure I understand which one you mean. If you mean you know barrister's that don't earn fuck all then they can't be very good. Being a Barrister is one of the few jobs where, if you get results and are good at what you do, you'll very quickly earn a lot of money. Obviously it can also be flipped as incredibly shit Barristers can earn shitloads purely because they went to Eton, regardless of their talent. But the majority of good barristers will earn good money. Unless you meant soliciters, who don't particularly earn a lot of money.

Soooo....... I was listening to Radio 4 the other day and it proved you wrong on this point. Apparently it's not the barristers that make shitloads in this country at all.... infact there is a startling number of barristers who end up having breakdowns and needing therapy due to the high levels of stress involved, which aren't reflected in the money they make.

ps. DON'T ASK ME TO BACK THIS UP I HEARD IT ON THE RADIO AND I DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO LOOK INTO IT FURTHER.

I know a lot more about this subject than you do Chris. Lets leave it at that.

I know nothing about it at all Coop.. I didn't say I did. I said that the radio proved you wrong, and I trust Radio 4 more than an internet warrior. Don't get angry.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 01 Jul 2007, 12:02

I actually said if barristers are good enough they'll earn good money. You said radio 4 told you that barristers are having nervous breakdowns all the time, two different things. maybe you didn't hear the article properly as you were too busy having sex with a girl?

Chris
Snail
Snail

Post by Chris » 01 Jul 2007, 12:15

Nah... if that'd happened I would've made a thread about it surely.