Maddy McCann

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Ginger
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5085
Joined: 11 Jan 2004, 18:16
Contact:

Maddy McCann

Post by Ginger » 12 May 2007, 10:28

I wasn't going to post anything on here about this poor little sausage because i thought somebody would say something disrespectful or derogatory.

But i changed my mind. This poor little girl. It makes me so sad.
Image

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Re: Maddy McCann

Post by aiti » 13 May 2007, 11:03

Ginger wrote:I wasn't going to post anything on here about this poor little sausage because i thought somebody would say something disrespectful or derogatory.

But i changed my mind. This poor little girl. It makes me so sad.
It makes me sick to my stomach, i cant imagine how they are feeling, and never want to feel like they are. it just goes to show that you cant take your eyes off your children for a second,or leave them alone at all.I hope they find her alive and well, but it seems unlikely, going on past cases

User avatar
Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee
Posts: 3743
Joined: 20 Oct 2005, 00:23
Contact:

Post by Alka » 13 May 2007, 16:22

I can't believe they left her alone.

You just wouldn't, especially a what, 6 year old? Essentially looking after her younger siblings.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Post by aiti » 13 May 2007, 17:14

Alka wrote:I can't believe they left her alone.

You just wouldn't, especially a what, 6 year old? Essentially looking after her younger siblings.
She's only four, four yesterday in fact, i find it really weird that they left her, they are lucky all three of them didnt get snatched.

User avatar
Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee
Posts: 3743
Joined: 20 Oct 2005, 00:23
Contact:

Post by Alka » 13 May 2007, 17:35

Ahuh, well my point was that since they were alone, and she was the oldest, she was essentially looking after her two younger siblings.

She's probably dead though, it's a shame but it's been over a week now. Or perhaps she's been sold on like that kid in '91. Ben someone.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

User avatar
garymcnally
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5923
Joined: 01 May 2003, 14:09
Location: Stoke on trent
Contact:

Post by garymcnally » 13 May 2007, 17:39

I really dont think that its anyones business to judge the parents. I would assume a hotel room would be a safe place.

They wherent lucky that their other two children got snatched, they where incredibly unlucky that one did.
Happy now? :'-(

User avatar
Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee
Posts: 3743
Joined: 20 Oct 2005, 00:23
Contact:

Post by Alka » 13 May 2007, 18:32

How can you assume that a hotel room is a safe place to leave three children under 4?
All sorts of things could happen, especially if something is left unlocked, as it evidently was.

I'm not saying they should take all the blame, but some blame rests on their parental head, you don't leave children alone.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

User avatar
garymcnally
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5923
Joined: 01 May 2003, 14:09
Location: Stoke on trent
Contact:

Post by garymcnally » 13 May 2007, 19:49

Maybe you wouldnt, but alot would. They where just a couple of metres away.

I honestly think its just a little insensative and pointless to place any blame on them.
Happy now? :'-(

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God
Posts: 20772
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 23:05
Contact:

Post by metal_dave » 13 May 2007, 20:07

completely agree with alka. and they weren't 'just a couple of metres away', they were round the corner in a separate building. obviously i feel sorry for them, but it was a stupid thing to do. hopefully people will learn from it.
Image

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God
Posts: 20772
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 23:05
Contact:

Post by metal_dave » 13 May 2007, 20:10

Alka wrote:Ahuh, well my point was that since they were alone, and she was the oldest, she was essentially looking after her two younger siblings.

She's probably dead though, it's a shame but it's been over a week now. Or perhaps she's been sold on like that kid in '91. Ben someone.



hate to say it, but she might be better off that way.
Image

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail
Posts: 3103
Joined: 04 Aug 2004, 21:07
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Post by Web Of Piss » 13 May 2007, 20:55

The hotel had a creche too, the kids could have been taken there, that's the most gobsmacking thing.
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

User avatar
phillip_banks
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5178
Joined: 24 Sep 2003, 12:37
Location: Wood-To-Tha-Motherfuckin'-Cote
Contact:

Post by phillip_banks » 13 May 2007, 22:02

Idiot parents.

Ginger
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5085
Joined: 11 Jan 2004, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ginger » 14 May 2007, 08:28

Firstly, this wasn't meant to be a thread where people slag off the parents for making a mistake. I'm pretty sure they've been over it thousands of times in their heads and feel bad enough already.

Secondly, I would never leave Evie in a room by herself but they must've felt it would be ok, maybe they've done it before or just let their guard down.

Thirdly. I can't believe that the blame has been put on the parents. Yes it's their job to look after her but there was someone watching her the whole time. Someone took her and it is THAT persons fault, they know where Maddy is.

FOURTHLY. The room was not left unlocked. Someone broke in through the shutters.

And is was night, the crech was probably shut. (This is not a justification).
Image

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Post by aiti » 14 May 2007, 09:18

Ginger wrote:Firstly, this wasn't meant to be a thread where people slag off the parents for making a mistake. I'm pretty sure they've been over it thousands of times in their heads and feel bad enough already.

Secondly, I would never leave Evie in a room by herself but they must've felt it would be ok, maybe they've done it before or just let their guard down.
Thirdly. I can't believe that the blame has been put on the parents. Yes it's their job to look after her but there was someone watching her the whole time. Someone took her and it is THAT persons fault, they know where Maddy is.

FOURTHLY. The room was not left unlocked. Someone broke in through the shutters.

And is was night, the crech was probably shut. (This is not a justification).
Sorry to disagree, but the room WAS unlocked, new evidence has shown that the patio doors were unlocked as they couldnt be shut from outside, and the shutters were not forced as originally thought. I'm afraid too many people theese days have children and then expect to live their lives almost exactly as they did before they had them, when the reality is that everything changes, your children and their safety should be your main priority, and if you cant do something because of that, its just bad luck.Time enough when they are grown up to go back to the carefree ways of 'pre child'
I dont think pointing the finger at the parents is of any use at all, they know they made a mistake, it achieves nothing to slag them off.they have been punished enough already.However it is a lesson to everyone that there are bastards out there, just looking for an opportunity to do wrong, and we have to take more care to make sure they dont get those opportunities

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Post by aiti » 14 May 2007, 09:21

My one hope is that she was taken by someone who desperately wanted a child.That way, at least she will be looked after.I just cant imagine how afraid she is tho, without her family.I dreamt last night that she was in Holland, really vivid dream, woke up all wobbly.

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Post by aiti » 14 May 2007, 09:22

Alka wrote:How can you assume that a hotel room is a safe place to leave three children under 4?
All sorts of things could happen, especially if something is left unlocked, as it evidently was.

I'm not saying they should take all the blame, but some blame rests on their parental head, you don't leave children alone.
:bravo:

User avatar
phillip_banks
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5178
Joined: 24 Sep 2003, 12:37
Location: Wood-To-Tha-Motherfuckin'-Cote
Contact:

Post by phillip_banks » 14 May 2007, 13:43

Ginger wrote:Firstly, this wasn't meant to be a thread where people slag off the parents for making a mistake. I'm pretty sure they've been over it thousands of times in their heads and feel bad enough already.

Secondly, I would never leave Evie in a room by herself but they must've felt it would be ok, maybe they've done it before or just let their guard down.

Thirdly. I can't believe that the blame has been put on the parents. Yes it's their job to look after her but there was someone watching her the whole time. Someone took her and it is THAT persons fault, they know where Maddy is.

FOURTHLY. The room was not left unlocked. Someone broke in through the shutters.

And is was night, the crech was probably shut. (This is not a justification).


There wasn't anyone watching her the 'whole time'! Dont know where you got that bizarre idea from.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother
Posts: 12271
Joined: 17 Aug 2004, 14:01
Location: Newbers
Contact:

Post by elliott » 14 May 2007, 14:02

i like it how they were originally offering 1million for her and now they've raised it to 2.5million. oh shit i wouldnt have done it for 1 million but WHAO 2.5 MILLION? PASS ME MY COAT BRB IM OFF TO FIND MADDY GUYS

User avatar
Chris
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5192
Joined: 14 Dec 2004, 02:04
Contact:

Post by Chris » 14 May 2007, 14:42

I'm sorry but I bet every potential or actual parent involved in criticizing these parents for the neglect of their daughter has or would at some point put their child in a situation where, under similar conditions like these, something utterly shit could happen. It's easy to say 'I would never put my children under that risk etc etc', but it's not a case of consistently doing so.... all you have to do is trust in the fact that something bad happening is unlikely ONCE, and get fucked over for it, and that's it. Does this waver their responsibility over the kid in such a situation? Fuck no... they're still completely responsible and I'm sure they'll live with the guilt of that for the rest of their lives.... but show some fucking sympathy, and stop judging them when it could have just as easily been you. We all let our guard down from time to time. This does not IN ANY WAY reflect on their ability as parents. Whenever you point the finger there are 3 more pointing back at you (I learnt that from 8 Simple Rules).
Image

User avatar
Chris
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5192
Joined: 14 Dec 2004, 02:04
Contact:

Post by Chris » 14 May 2007, 14:47

And yeah I'm sorry for how harsh this sounds, but come on... she's most likely dead... I feel that someone ought to try and reconcile her mother round to that fact... because judging from the press quotes, she refuses to come to terms with that likelihood, and it's going to fucking CRUSH her when/if she is found dead.
Image

User avatar
garymcnally
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5923
Joined: 01 May 2003, 14:09
Location: Stoke on trent
Contact:

Post by garymcnally » 14 May 2007, 18:16

Inertia Creeps wrote:I'm sorry but I bet every potential or actual parent involved in criticizing these parents for the neglect of their daughter has or would at some point put their child in a situation where, under similar conditions like these, something utterly shit could happen. It's easy to say 'I would never put my children under that risk etc etc', but it's not a case of consistently doing so.... all you have to do is trust in the fact that something bad happening is unlikely ONCE, and get fucked over for it, and that's it. Does this waver their responsibility over the kid in such a situation? Fuck no... they're still completely responsible and I'm sure they'll live with the guilt of that for the rest of their lives.... but show some fucking sympathy, and stop judging them when it could have just as easily been you. We all let our guard down from time to time. This does not IN ANY WAY reflect on their ability as parents. Whenever you point the finger there are 3 more pointing back at you (I learnt that from 8 Simple Rules).


agreed
Happy now? :'-(

Ginger
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5085
Joined: 11 Jan 2004, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ginger » 14 May 2007, 18:28

IamCoop wrote:
Ginger wrote:Firstly, this wasn't meant to be a thread where people slag off the parents for making a mistake. I'm pretty sure they've been over it thousands of times in their heads and feel bad enough already.

Secondly, I would never leave Evie in a room by herself but they must've felt it would be ok, maybe they've done it before or just let their guard down.

Thirdly. I can't believe that the blame has been put on the parents. Yes it's their job to look after her but there was someone watching her the whole time. Someone took her and it is THAT persons fault, they know where Maddy is.

FOURTHLY. The room was not left unlocked. Someone broke in through the shutters.

And is was night, the crech was probably shut. (This is not a justification).


There wasn't anyone watching her the 'whole time'! Dont know where you got that bizarre idea from.


If you read the news at all then you'd know that there was actually a guy who people noticed acting suspiciously around the family all week.
Image

User avatar
dink
Snail
Snail
Posts: 4824
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 22:05
Location: kintbury
Contact:

Post by dink » 14 May 2007, 18:34

Inertia Creeps wrote:And yeah I'm sorry for how harsh this sounds, but come on... she's most likely dead... I feel that someone ought to try and reconcile her mother round to that fact... because judging from the press quotes, she refuses to come to terms with that likelihood, and it's going to fucking CRUSH her when/if she is found dead.


I don't think her mother should have to come to terms with that. It's a possibility, fine, but it's also possible she's alive. If her mother convinced herself that her daughter was dead, she would probably have no fight left in her, and what would happen then if she was found alive? Her mother would have gone through a whole grieving process for nothing. It's stupid to assume she's dead, children have been missing for a lot longer and returned safely to their families.
Image

Ginger
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5085
Joined: 11 Jan 2004, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ginger » 14 May 2007, 18:39

Also, the chances that she was taken and then sold to a family who wanted a child are as high as if she was snatched by a paedophile.
Image

User avatar
Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee
Posts: 3743
Joined: 20 Oct 2005, 00:23
Contact:

Post by Alka » 14 May 2007, 19:49

If she's been sold on already they won't be getting her back though.

And I totally agree with Aiti:

I'm afraid too many people these days have children and then expect to live their lives almost exactly as they did before they had them, when the reality is that everything changes


This is a more general point, but it's so true! Why people think that they can actually have it all I have no idea. You can't have children and keep the same lifestyle as before, and yes, that does mean not going for a candlelit (assumption) meal with your spouse instead of looking after your children.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

aiti
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan
Posts: 498
Joined: 06 Mar 2005, 20:18
Contact:

Post by aiti » 14 May 2007, 20:15

Alka wrote:If she's been sold on already they won't be getting her back though.

And I totally agree with Aiti:

I'm afraid too many people these days have children and then expect to live their lives almost exactly as they did before they had them, when the reality is that everything changes


This is a more general point, but it's so true! Why people think that they can actually have it all I have no idea. You can't have children and keep the same lifestyle as before, and yes, that does mean not going for a candlelit (assumption) meal with your spouse instead of looking after your children.
:bravo:

User avatar
Chris
Snail
Snail
Posts: 5192
Joined: 14 Dec 2004, 02:04
Contact:

Post by Chris » 14 May 2007, 21:09

dink wrote:
Inertia Creeps wrote:And yeah I'm sorry for how harsh this sounds, but come on... she's most likely dead... I feel that someone ought to try and reconcile her mother round to that fact... because judging from the press quotes, she refuses to come to terms with that likelihood, and it's going to fucking CRUSH her when/if she is found dead.


I don't think her mother should have to come to terms with that. It's a possibility, fine, but it's also possible she's alive. If her mother convinced herself that her daughter was dead, she would probably have no fight left in her, and what would happen then if she was found alive? Her mother would have gone through a whole grieving process for nothing. It's stupid to assume she's dead, children have been missing for a lot longer and returned safely to their families.


Good point... but I still think that it's important to take a realistic view of the situation. Maybe that's easier said than done, I don't know. I can't begin to imagine what the state of mind must be like for a parent having to endure that. I just worry that the more she invests in the insistence that her kid is alive, the more dreadful it will be if it turns out she isn't.

I do think it's pretty logical to assume she's dead by now though. I would imagine the majority of cases like this result in the child's death... from the general kidnapper's point of view, there seems little incentive for her to be alive.
Image

User avatar
Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee
Posts: 3743
Joined: 20 Oct 2005, 00:23
Contact:

Post by Alka » 14 May 2007, 21:58

Apparently there is quite a big market for stealing cute little kids (which she is) for selling on out there.
Like that kid in 91.

Not that I disagree with you, I think she's almost definitely dead, awful as that is, I thought so on the 6th day. You can't get that long without SOMETHING.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail
Posts: 3103
Joined: 04 Aug 2004, 21:07
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Post by Web Of Piss » 14 May 2007, 23:09

I'd just like to say, very carefully and quietly, that this poor kid's parents are negligent scum who should not have been allowed to reproduce.

1. There was a creche on site, it was open specifically for things like this, so mum and dad can go off have a meal, drink etc without having to worry about the little one(s)

2. They left their patio doors open and were checking back every half an hour. What the absolute fuck? 30 minutes? What if one of them had woken up feeling ill or had a bad dream, no mum and dad there? They are extremely lucky they didn't lose all three.

Sorry, but if I'm ever lucky enough to have a child of my own, there is no way on earth in this day and age that I'm going to leave him/her unattended, ever. And I'd think that goes double for when you're on holiday, you're in a strange environment, you don't know who you can entrust your child's safety to. I cannot believe that any parent is monumentally foolish enough to think 'it won't happen to me' fuck that shit, this is your child, if you don't take every possible care with your own kid, what will make you do that? Nothing.

IF they find her alive, she is going to hate her parents forever, not to mention the mental scarring. If they find her dead, which looks like it's gonna be how it goes, then the other two children are gonna have some hard questions for their parents along the lines of "Why did you leave us alone?"

I'll just end on a question here - the parents have got off remarkably lightly on being pilloried by the press for this. Do you think this would be the case were the family not nice and middle class?
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest