Cosmetic Surgery

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 20:51

XESY â„¢ wrote:A lot of things that shouldn't happen do though.
Nothing we can do about it usualy.
so when there is, why not i guess.

tru dat. the world is a shitty place for the most part, and people should do what they can to feel better. as long as it's not shagging kids or something.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 23 Apr 2007, 22:00

Jess wrote:
Alka wrote:The kind of thing thin people say lol.

I'm not peticually thin though. I have got no issues with my body which is probably why you think that what I'm saying is 'stupid' or whatever.
Diets can get extremely addictive which then lead to eating disorders. Why do you think there are lots of annorexics and the like?
That's the one thing that they can 'control' and then they take it too far because they can't bare to think of themselves being a 1lb over etc.

If you think what I'm saying is stupid then fine, you're entitled to your own opinions on the matter, but maybe you should talk to someone who's been through horrid experiences that come with plastic surgery and diets before actually going through with them.

I don't think what you're saying is stupid at all, that part was a perfectly fine point, but yours is the kind of figure I'd love to have if I was at all less lazy and a massive greedy bastard that I am. So in my eyes you're thin :P

I actually think it's fantastic that you have no hang ups about your body, I wish I didn't but I do but that's OK.
Different strokes for different folks :)
P.s. you looked especially nice in the dress at the FC gig.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 24 Apr 2007, 07:52

Poor Jo.

It really is no ones business but your own, but i think if YOU want to and it'll make YOU feel happier then go for it. It certainly is not pathetic.

I do know someone who had bulemia and it wasn't a fact of her wanting to be skinny. It was a way of escaping her life which at the point was pretty shit. Yes some people do get anorexia because they want to be skinny but it is a mental problem, not a diet gone wrong.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 08:25

metal_dave wrote:it's actually the most stupid thing anyone's ever said.

not really. while there's nothing wrong with shedding a few pounds for health reasons, going on some ridiculous fad atkin-style diet that's actually bad for your body to try and get to a size 0 when you're a perfectly acceptable size anyway is pathetic.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 08:28

metal_dave wrote:i'm not being sarcastic at all

you are actually. i'll go and quote examples if you still don't believe me. you do seem to be taking this rather personally, fatty.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 08:35

Ginger wrote: Yes some people do get anorexia because they want to be skinny but it is a mental problem, not a diet gone wrong.

But the proliferation of fad, unhealthy diets rather than simple healthy eating habits, and images of stick thing celebrities no doubt contribute to this problem in those already susceptible to such things. These things could easily start with a diet which snowballs out of control.

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 09:25

Too true. I personaly would love to be that skinny! I know its not normal looking or whatever but I'de love to be that size! 0 or what have you! But I still know it's a stupid size to wana be or whatever and wouldn't encourage the silly diets and that.
Most plastic surgerys not about being plump tho is it. mostly its about boobs and bums!!! all in all i'm a fan! it just sucks if you can't afford it and it looks pretty fucking painfull...plus I don't like the idea of exploding boobs on a plane!!
I'M A SEX PEST !!

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 24 Apr 2007, 10:39

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:i'm not being sarcastic at all

you are actually. i'll go and quote examples if you still don't believe me. you do seem to be taking this rather personally, fatty.

I think mostly it's the fact that Jess has said some pretty harsh and brash things on here. I know she's got a relevant point in there, but she's not going about saying it well at all. And I think had it been Ginger saying this, you'd have got in straight away to point that out. There's nothing wrong with defending your friends or anything, but had it been Ginger saying this, then all the roles would have been reversed I'm pretty sure.

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 24 Apr 2007, 11:07

Tru Dat.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 11:08

oh don't get me wrong, i'm not justifying or defending anyone. i thought the use of the word pathetic a little harsh myself, and I said as much (although, the word can actually be taken without any negative connotations, it's just less frequently used that way, think of the word 'sympathetic').
i was just saying that you can't be sarcastic and then say "i'm not being sarcastic at all" when you clearly were, and that dave seems to have taken this rather personally. or perhaps it's just that there's just not been a clements vs jess/joe etc. argument for a while and he's a bit bored and spoiling for a fight with a 17 year old girl. also the word pathetic may be a little harsh, but... "that's the stupidest thing anyone's ever said" (paraphrased)? please. paging mindless hyperbole to the thread.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 24 Apr 2007, 11:21

I don't need defending. I'm not bothered if Dave is just being sarcastic for a fight, being 17 has got nothing to do with it.
I'll be harsh/brash if I want to. It's something I strongly disagree with. I'm pretty sure if there was a topic close to someones heart on here then they would come out with 'harsh' things too.
I don't think I need to cover what I want to say with un-harsh things to save someone elses feelings. (Cue a repeat of the other thread where you thought that comment was wrong too.)

P.S I also find it really quite sad that the majority of people on here that said they would get sugery etc are mainly girls.
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Apr 2007, 12:13

chippy wrote:oh don't get me wrong, i'm not justifying or defending anyone. i thought the use of the word pathetic a little harsh myself, and I said as much (although, the word can actually be taken without any negative connotations, it's just less frequently used that way, think of the word 'sympathetic').
i was just saying that you can't be sarcastic and then say "i'm not being sarcastic at all" when you clearly were, and that dave seems to have taken this rather personally. or perhaps it's just that there's just not been a clements vs jess/joe etc. argument for a while and he's a bit bored and spoiling for a fight with a 17 year old girl. also the word pathetic may be a little harsh, but... "that's the stupidest thing anyone's ever said" (paraphrased)? please. paging mindless hyperbole to the thread.

you're reading too much into it. i just disagree with what jess has said. it's that simple.

tiny dick.

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 12:13

Jess wrote:
P.S I also find it really quite sad that the majority of people on here that said they would get sugery etc are mainly girls.

Why so?

Why would all these rolls be reversed?
Does everyone know something I don't?
I have no idea whats going on...
I think if shes allowd to be harsh and such - Daves allowd to be sarcastic surley?...maybe he strongly disagreed with what Jess said as I did and found that the best way to make his point? I think I might have missed the point here, I thought everyone was just having a discussion on the matter..I didn't think anyone had taken anything massivly personaly?
I'M A SEX PEST !!

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Apr 2007, 12:24

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:it's actually the most stupid thing anyone's ever said.

not really. while there's nothing wrong with shedding a few pounds for health reasons, going on some ridiculous fad atkin-style diet that's actually bad for your body to try and get to a size 0 when you're a perfectly acceptable size anyway is pathetic.

i wouldn't even call that pathetic. it still just boils down to that person wanting to feel better, and there's nothing wrong with that. entering into atkins type diets without at least doing some research is stupid, but not all diets are dangerous fads.

>RacheL<
Snail
Snail

Post by >RacheL< » 24 Apr 2007, 12:28

It's what happens on Snail Vickeh.

I would definately consider Plastic surgery when i'm old and my face starts to sag. But at the moment I don't really like the thought of my body being pumped with collogen and sillocen.
When the bad bleed the tragedy is good.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Apr 2007, 12:30

>RacheL< wrote:It's what happens on Snail Vickeh.

I would definately consider Plastic surgery when i'm old and my face starts to sag. But at the moment I don't really like the thought of my body being pumped with collogen and sillocen.

plus you're so pwetty anyway :inlove:

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 12:34

Ahhh I swee!!
Drama central huh!?
Like Eastenders! hehe.

You'd well never need it though! hehe! I wonder what it'd feel like? would it feel like kinda...trying melons to your butt or chest? teehee!!
I'M A SEX PEST !!

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Apr 2007, 12:37

XESY â„¢ wrote:

Ahhh I swee!!
Drama central huh!?
Like Eastenders! hehe.

You'd well never need it though! hehe! I wonder what it'd feel like? would it feel like kinda...trying melons to your butt or chest? teehee!!

it's miles better than eastenders. some people on here are pretty and clever for a start.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 24 Apr 2007, 12:44

Internet white knights really make me LOL.

p.s. you can only exclaim something once.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 12:44

It's all that cosmetic surgery we've been having lol. ;)
I'M A SEX PEST !!

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 24 Apr 2007, 13:54

Dave wasn't being sarcastic.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 24 Apr 2007, 14:21

metal_dave wrote:
course i forget you know somebody that's been through everything and i don't know any people at all.

If that isn't sarcasm please explain what it is.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 14:38

Lord_Blacknose wrote:
metal_dave wrote:
course i forget you know somebody that's been through everything and i don't know any people at all.

If that isn't sarcasm please explain what it is.

THANKYOU

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 14:38

metal_dave wrote:
chippy wrote:oh don't get me wrong, i'm not justifying or defending anyone. i thought the use of the word pathetic a little harsh myself, and I said as much (although, the word can actually be taken without any negative connotations, it's just less frequently used that way, think of the word 'sympathetic').

you're reading too much into it. i just disagree with what jess has said. it's that simple.

tiny dick.

lololollll

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 14:45

Lord_Blacknose wrote:oh my god what will i do someone said cunt ive never heard it before oh oh oh

Back to them tumble weed moments huh. :fag:
I'M A SEX PEST !!

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 24 Apr 2007, 14:49

XESY â„¢ wrote:
Lord_Blacknose wrote:oh my god what will i do someone said cunt ive never heard it before oh oh oh

Thing is, Joe never claimed that he wasn't being sarcastic. Dave did.
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 14:54

Jess wrote:
XESY â„¢ wrote:

qft

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 24 Apr 2007, 14:59

chippy wrote:
Jess wrote:
XESY â„¢ wrote:

qft

Yea but thats just nit picking!

I could be a Nazi and call someone else a nazi n go "yea so, I never claimed I wasn't did I!"

Might aswell just say "I know you are, but what am I"

You can't suggest something someone is doing is bad and then go off and do it yourself without being a hypocrit. it's just plain silly!
I'M A SEX PEST !!

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 24 Apr 2007, 15:01

edit: no-one said it was bad or good. i just found it a bit odd the way jess said what she thought and dave came storming in with his "OMG THAT'S THE STUPIDEST THING IN THE WORLD EVER YOU RETARD [SARCASM]YOU'RE SO CLEVER AND YOU KNOW EVERYTHING JESS[/SARCASM] I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC!!!11" like she'd insulted his family (again) or something

this is gay, by the way.
Last edited by chippy on 24 Apr 2007, 15:04, edited 3 times in total.