Cosmetic Surgery

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 20 Apr 2007, 17:19

chippy wrote:
Krusty wrote:
metal_dave wrote:
Krusty wrote:fucking do it. if i had the bucks i'd get shit loads done.

yeah you're a right state.

i'd like to have some sort of reconstructive surgery on my back and neck. it needs taking apart and putting back together again. i'm not sure if they can do that though.

i don't mean like a full on face transplant, just little things like botox and other good stuff.

do it. women who have no facial expressions due to paralysing their muscles with botulism toxin are WELL fit.

i know. and i meant when i'm older, and not to that extent. that was just an example. i want a dimple operation, i want dimples.

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 20 Apr 2007, 18:05

haha. get a chin dimple. they're SEX.
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 22 Apr 2007, 18:52

could do

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 22 Apr 2007, 19:09

will do
If I survive.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 22 Apr 2007, 19:13

i've finshed eating now. what is your status?

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 22 Apr 2007, 19:15

waiting for your chops. HURRY UP. i'm coming to get you now.
If I survive.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 22 Apr 2007, 19:28

getfuckedfoureyes

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 23 Apr 2007, 13:13

chickenchowmein
If I survive.

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 23 Apr 2007, 14:30

Jess wrote:Personally I think it's pathetic. It's a quick way for people to 'fix' themselves and after they've 'fixed' one thing I think it'd be pretty easy to find another part of their body to have done.
I don't think enough people love their bodies the way they are and should try doing different, less drastic and expensive things to love the way they were born. Be it by going on a diet or just buying nice clothes that make you feel sexier etc.
I understand Cosmetic Surgery being used for people who have been hurt in car crashes and the like but that's different. For a start the Surgeons are trying to put their face/body back into it's natural form.

I think that was a bit of a disgusting comment to be honest..

Someones just said their thinking about getting something done and you jump in and say the word "pathetic". Nice one to help the self esteem! There are probably people out there who might think having to go on a diet or buying sexy clothes to make you feel good is pathetic too. Either way you look at it your still changing the way you were origionaly or we'd all be naked! :tits:

Who the fuck has the right to say that doing something to possibly make the rest of their lives happier is wrong?! It doesn't effect anyone else massivly..

I'm not having a go, just...I don't think theres enough happiness in the world as it is and to discourage someone so strongly from making one change in their life that could make them happy, is slightly off..

If you see a chance to be happy, take it.
They don't come around often.
Everyone knows that!
I'M A SEX PEST !!

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 14:50

Well I think it is pathetic. If it doesn't help someones self esteem, frankly that's not my problem.
I gave my view on it. Jo asked so I replied. I think going on diets are pathetic as well.
My point isn't to discourage her from getting it if it'll make her happy. I just think people should try harder at being happy with what they were born with, rather than taking such drastic actions to make themselves feel better.
Having a chisel(sp) stuck up your nose is a pretty drastic action if you ask me, for what could be a quick fix. It may go wrong during the procedure too.

So if that's distgusting, tough.

P.S: I'm pretty sure I never said it was wrong. People can do what they like with their bodies.
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 23 Apr 2007, 15:42

I kind of agree with Jess in that there are probably better ways of addressing self esteem issues than plastic surgery. I mean do whatever you want to your own body I don't think anyone here will try and stop you, but it's something worth really seriously considering before hand and if you're doing it purely for self esteem it might be worth looking at solving those issues first, then deciding if you still want the surgery.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 23 Apr 2007, 15:44

I mostly agree with Jess, but I think 'pathetic' is a little harsh.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 15:52

It's something that makes me angry. People just thinking that getting bits of them cut off or pumped up will solve issues.
In my opinion they need to go and see a shrink or something, at least start solving issues that they have with themselves at a less drastic level.
Once you've had bits of your nose cut out you can't have it put back in. Spend some of the thousands of pounds that are saved for getting 'fixed' by seeing someone to talk too, then go on holiday instead.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 17:45

Jess wrote:Well I think it is pathetic. If it doesn't help someones self esteem, frankly that's not my problem.
I gave my view on it. Jo asked so I replied. I think going on diets are pathetic as well.
My point isn't to discourage her from getting it if it'll make her happy. I just think people should try harder at being happy with what they were born with, rather than taking such drastic actions to make themselves feel better.
Having a chisel(sp) stuck up your nose is a pretty drastic action if you ask me, for what could be a quick fix. It may go wrong during the procedure too.

So if that's distgusting, tough.

P.S: I'm pretty sure I never said it was wrong. People can do what they like with their bodies.

absolutely fucking ridiculous thing to say. i mean really.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 23 Apr 2007, 19:06

The kind of thing thin people say lol.
I gave up morals when I took up booze

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 19:15

it's actually the most stupid thing anyone's ever said.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 19:20

Alka wrote:The kind of thing thin people say lol.

I'm not peticually thin though. I have got no issues with my body which is probably why you think that what I'm saying is 'stupid' or whatever.
Diets can get extremely addictive which then lead to eating disorders. Why do you think there are lots of annorexics and the like?
That's the one thing that they can 'control' and then they take it too far because they can't bare to think of themselves being a 1lb over etc.

If you think what I'm saying is stupid then fine, you're entitled to your own opinions on the matter, but maybe you should talk to someone who's been through horrid experiences that come with plastic surgery and diets before actually going through with them.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 19:35

Jess wrote:

I'm not peticually thin though. I have got no issues with my body which is probably why you think that what I'm saying is 'stupid' or whatever.
Diets can get extremely addictive which then lead to eating disorders. Why do you think there are lots of annorexics and the like?
That's the one thing that they can 'control' and then they take it too far because they can't bare to think of themselves being a 1lb over etc.

If you think what I'm saying is stupid then fine, you're entitled to your own opinions on the matter, but maybe you should talk to someone who's been through horrid experiences that come with plastic surgery and diets before actually going through with them.

course i forget you know somebody that's been through everything and i don't know any people at all. anorexia/bulemia etc are mental problems. wanting to lose a stone to make yourself feel better (physically or mentally) isn't. i should imagine 99% of people would change something about their body given the chance, i know i would. nuff respect to anyone that can be arsed/has the balls. why shouldnt people do what they can to make themselves happy?

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 19:39

metal_dave wrote:
Jess wrote:

course i forget you know somebody that's been through everything and i don't know any people at all. anorexia/bulemia etc are mental problems. wanting to lose a stone to make yourself feel better (physically or mentally) isn't. i should imagine 99% of people would change something about their body given the chance, i know i would. nuff respect to anyone that can be arsed/has the balls. why shouldnt people do what they can to make themselves happy?

1) I never said I knew someone that's been through everything.

2) I also never said people shouldn't do things to make themselves happy.

3) Again I think people shouldn't be so worked up about 'looking good' or trying to look like people they see in magazines.
There are lots of different ways to make yourself look better. I don't agree with ways that could eventually turn pretty nasty if done by someone who isn't very stable with themselves in the first place.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 23 Apr 2007, 19:44

metal_dave wrote:
Jess wrote:

You're taking this all very personaly.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 19:48

but it doesn't matter what you think, people like to look good. not everyone wants to be a size zero, with chiselled features and a washboard torso, but like i said, i expect most people would change something about themselves if they could afford it/be bothered. i suppose you disagree with people wanting a tan too? it can cause skin cancer after all.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 19:59

metal_dave wrote:but it doesn't matter what you think, people like to look good. not everyone wants to be a size zero, with chiselled features and a washboard torso, but like i said, i expect most people would change something about themselves if they could afford it/be bothered. i suppose you disagree with people wanting a tan too? it can cause skin cancer after all.

No it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, if that's what the person involved wants to do with their body.
But if they don't want to find out what other people think then they shouldn't start threads on a forum and not expect some people to turn around and say 'you shouldn't do it' or 'I think there are better ways to boost self confidence'.
All of what I've said are MY OWN OPINIONS and you seem to be picking them apart in a sarcastic tone, which I really don't think is needed really, is it?

Jo
Snail
Snail

Post by Jo » 23 Apr 2007, 20:08

so...........interesting.

firstly.........im not pathetic. if i was pathetic i would sit in my room crying about how i look and slashing my wrists.........but im not pathetic, so i dont.

im not trying to be something im not. im mentally stable (ie: you see a psychologist before you do these types of things to make sure yore not mentally demented and want to look like a cat for some reason)

who can honestly say they dont have hang ups about themselves? and if you could remove one of the major ones, wouldnt you?

i actually think its quite pathetic that you have that view and cant be more open minded.

society for YEARS has always seen people with big noses as ugly...........look at witches in story books.......or nazis

wouldnt you wish someone to be happy if they werent happy with their body? sure you'd be there for them to comfort them when they get paranoid about it, but .......... well i cant word what im trying to say.

i liken it to say.... having a wart burned off. its ugly, its part of you, but its just got to fucking go.

edit: i wanted opinions. i got them. so im not gunna bitch about them. just question them

i havent decided to go through with it yet or not by the way
he'd get it

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 20:10

i'm not being sarcastic at all, i'm just saying i think you're talking rubbish. thats my opinion.

p.s you didn't actually use either of those examples, i believe the term you used was 'pathetic'. which is a bit different.

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 23 Apr 2007, 20:17

metal_dave wrote:
Jess wrote:

TESTIFIE! hahaha. I think Dave n Jo I agree with on this one.
I think the world is what it is now and things are differen't. being the way we were born isn't the most practical thing in the world anymore. I bet all cave men were fat from eating too many lions.haha. and ill from rolling in their own crap but we don't do that now just cuz its how things were once.

We never used to be able to cure illness, now we can. why not do it just because we never used to .. People want differen't things! Some people really wana have babies n thats all they wana do. imagine if they find out they can't..imagine how it'd feel.. some people really wana look good and its all they can think about. and if theres something physical stopping them from doing that in their minds, it's guna feel pretty fuckin shit..if you see where I'm comming from? thats how I look at it anyways.

The world looks different to everyone, and for those of you are just happy to sit back and say i don't need any of this! I'm happy how I am. well done, keep it going. but you know, not everyones the same I guess, and just because they think differently doesn't really mean we need to ship them off to a shrink and sort them out so they think the same!

this is guna sound like the most spasticated comment ever but ..lifes not everything in life...you can't live your life just to stay alive. its the whole risk thing isn't it. gota take risks in life n stuff.. blah blah blah..ill shut up now..
:bravo:
I'M A SEX PEST !!

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 20:18

I'm pretty open minded as it goes. But surely my opinion has brought up some things you may or may not have thought about?
Every 'arguement' has two sides.
In response to Dave, yes I did call it pathetic as that's my opinion, maybe I should put it as an example as well.
Also Jo, I didn't mean to cause offence by the pathetic mark, I wasn't calling you pathetic although I suppose you'd come under that in my opinion for going through with it, if that makes sense.
If you want to go through with it and think it would make your life amazingly better then you should and shouldn't give a toss what anyone else says to you about it.
Personally if people have a problem with you for having a big nose in the first place then they're not worth knowing in my book.
You shouldn't have to change your apperance for people to take notice of what a stunning person you are.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 23 Apr 2007, 20:24

Jess wrote:I'm pretty open minded as it goes. But surely my opinion has brought up some things you may or may not have thought about?
In response to Dave, yes I did call it pathetic as that's my opinion, maybe I should put it as an example as well.
Also Jo, I didn't mean to cause offence by the pathetic mark, I wasn't calling you pathetic although I suppose you'd come under that in my opinion for going through with it, if that makes sense.
If you want to go through with it and think it would make your life amazingly better then you should and shouldn't give a toss what anyone else says to you about it.
Personally if people have a problem with you for having a big nose in the first place then they're not worth knowing in my book.
You shouldn't have to change your apperance for people to take notice of what a stunning person you are.

i don't like to pick holes for the sake of it, but where did she say she was doing it to please other people?

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 23 Apr 2007, 20:27

metal_dave wrote:
Jess wrote:I'm pretty open minded as it goes. But surely my opinion has brought up some things you may or may not have thought about?

i don't like to pick holes for the sake of it, but where did she say she was doing it to please other people?

I don't suspect she did, my wording probably wasn't very good there, but I took the society sentence in Jo's last post to mean that alot of people today would think she is ugly or something for having a big nose. Maybe I misunderstood that, but I don't think anyone should feel they need to change just to 'fit in'.

XESY â„¢
Cool Amoeba
Cool Amoeba

Post by XESY â„¢ » 23 Apr 2007, 20:40

A lot of things that shouldn't happen do though.
Nothing we can do about it usualy.
so when there is, why not i guess.
I'M A SEX PEST !!