Cosmetic Surgery

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Jo
Snail
Snail

Cosmetic Surgery

Post by Jo » 13 Apr 2007, 13:55

I made a thread about this YEARS ago and i cant be bothered to find it.

I want peoples opinions on plastic surgery. any feeling you have on this subject i want to hear about.

Im seriously considering it. I have the money and hopefully booking a consulation for next week.

i dont know if i have the balls though
he'd get it

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 13 Apr 2007, 14:01

What where you thinking about getting done? And why are you considering it? I dont think there is ever a good reason for getting cosmetic surgery unless you are badly burned or scarred.

I had plastic surgery on my chest about 3 years ago now I think. It went wrong and I now have a nasty painful scar :-(
Happy now? :'-(

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 13 Apr 2007, 14:02

Personally I think it's pathetic. It's a quick way for people to 'fix' themselves and after they've 'fixed' one thing I think it'd be pretty easy to find another part of their body to have done.
I don't think enough people love their bodies the way they are and should try doing different, less drastic and expensive things to love the way they were born. Be it by going on a diet or just buying nice clothes that make you feel sexier etc.
I understand Cosmetic Surgery being used for people who have been hurt in car crashes and the like but that's different. For a start the Surgeons are trying to put their face/body back into it's natural form.
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 13 Apr 2007, 14:09

I wouldnt say that its pathetic for people to get it done, maybe sad that they have the low self esteem in the first place, which I would say is a need for a psycologist or coucilor, not a surgeon.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 13 Apr 2007, 14:17

Too many people these days worry about what the person next to them would think if they were a little bit over weight or they weren't wearing the 'in' colours. Personally (again) I think it's pathetic. There seems to be so much pressure to look good and people reckon it comes from magazines and things.
Well if magazines didn't always print articles on 'how to shed a stone in 3days' every week maybe people wouldn't feel like they have to conform to this stupid fucking image.
The only thing putting pressure on people are people themselves by having an image in their heads that this is what sociaty(sp) wants and classes as beautiful. Maybe once people start realising that you can be beautiful and that there isn't a 'normal' image then eating disorders and stupid fad diets might just fuck off!
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 13 Apr 2007, 14:23

Oh im with you 100% on that. I think the images that are forced upon people of how they are "Supposed" to look is sick. If we all looked like supermodels we'd probably die of malnutrition.

But more importantly I think people should try and improve their state of mind and realise that it doesnt take much to be gorgeous, just confidence.

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 13 Apr 2007, 14:30

I agree with Jess, but think you might have got a bit carried away there. I don't think it's particularly healthy, but then I don't condemn it. For example, one of my friend's little sister has a big, brown, hairy birthmark on the inside of her thigh. And be honest blokes, if you were with a girl and got down there, it'd be a pretty fucking big put off. I'm sure that doesn't do much for self confidence. Something like that I can totally understand.

And to be honest, something like a really sharp nose, or totally flat chest, or even a massive chest, I can understand. Obviously they shouldn't be able to go straight in and have it done, but the technology is there to make it work fine, if someone has saved up to do it, they've been consulted and informed, and decided it's still a good course of action, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 13 Apr 2007, 14:37

If I had the money I would.
I think there are loads of different reasons, and as long as people can't just rush into it, it won't be abused my the masses.
I know it could be misused by some people, but I don't think it's that easy to just keep going back and getting more, because who has the money and I thought you had to go for consultations with people (like psych people).
I gave up morals when I took up booze

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 13 Apr 2007, 17:25

I think if it makes people feel happier then why not? I probably would if i had the money and guts. When i'm older and stuff.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 13 Apr 2007, 17:48

yep, whatever makes you happy innit. i certainly wouldn't call it pathetic. what you looking at having done jo?

Jo
Snail
Snail

Post by Jo » 14 Apr 2007, 09:46

i want my nose done. i hate it. HATE IT WITH A PASSION. i was always bullied about it in school which affected me more than i thought, and yes i do suffer from low self esteem.

I dont think that having it done will suddenly make me a more confident person, or a better one or anything else. The simple fact is i have a pretty small face and a big honker stuck in the middle of it. Im not hideous to look at, but no oil painting. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and feel good about myself for a change. i dont give a flying crap what people think of me anymore. if they dont like me or judge me on what i look like theyre really not worth knowing anyway.

I have booked a consultation for next friday. i dont know if i have the balls to do it yet. but i can at least see what it involves etc etc.
he'd get it

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 14 Apr 2007, 10:16

You don't know until you try. Good luck, i hope it goes well.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 14 Apr 2007, 14:59

I hope..

I don't know what I hope, maybe that you get it done and love it, or don't get it done and love your natural one, or something? I don't know.
I do think it's cool that you've got the guts to get the money together and (potentially) do it though, I don't think I could in all honesty.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 16 Apr 2007, 09:03

fucking do it. if i had the bucks i'd get shit loads done.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 17 Apr 2007, 08:09

Krusty wrote:fucking do it. if i had the bucks i'd get shit loads done.

yeah you're a right state.

i'd like to have some sort of reconstructive surgery on my back and neck. it needs taking apart and putting back together again. i'm not sure if they can do that though.

roisin
Snail High Preist
Snail High Preist

Post by roisin » 17 Apr 2007, 17:36

I think about getting my boobs done a lot. I know at the end of the day I wouldn't get them done because big boobs can be such a pain in the arse. I just get so fed up about the size of my chest sometimes (32B) and I'm in tears about it at least once a week it seems. I just don't feel like a woman at all because of these stupid fucking images that get shoved in my face every day and it gets me down so much when it shouldn't get to me at all.
Holy crip he's a crapple!

>RacheL<
Snail
Snail

Post by >RacheL< » 17 Apr 2007, 17:47

I'm a 32B Roisin! I'm pretty pleased with my TATTAS and you should be too. ;)
When the bad bleed the tragedy is good.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 17 Apr 2007, 17:48

i love you sheen, and i love your tits. bigger aint always better.

roisin
Snail High Preist
Snail High Preist

Post by roisin » 17 Apr 2007, 19:12

>RacheL< wrote:I'm a 32B Roisin! I'm pretty pleased with my TATTAS and you should be too. ;)

Sorry to be a perve but you need to get measured because you can't be a 32B. No way! You are bigger than me.
Holy crip he's a crapple!

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 17 Apr 2007, 22:14

^^ That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sorry to be a perv.

Good thing about boobs is that there are padded bras and that to sort it out for a while.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 17 Apr 2007, 22:27

metal_dave wrote:

i'd like to have some sort of reconstructive surgery on my back and neck. it needs taking apart and putting back together again. i'm not sure if they can do that though.

i don't mean like a full on face transplant, just little things like botox and other good stuff.

>RacheL<
Snail
Snail

Post by >RacheL< » 17 Apr 2007, 22:45

roisin wrote:
>RacheL< wrote:I'm a 32B Roisin! I'm pretty pleased with my TATTAS and you should be too. ;)

Sorry to be a perve but you need to get measured because you can't be a 32B. No way! You are bigger than me.

Alka wrote:^^ That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sorry to be a perv.

Good thing about boobs is that there are padded bras and that to sort it out for a while.

But I AM. Maybe i will get measured..but I wear 32B bras..and they're not tight or the cups too small.. :oogle:

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 17 Apr 2007, 22:48

i've been giving the situation some thought (naturally) and i've reached the conclusion that perhaps roisin and rachel do have the same size boobies but rachels look bigger because she's shorter. proportions innit.

>RacheL<
Snail
Snail

Post by >RacheL< » 17 Apr 2007, 23:12

:O
It is fair to say that my body is quite OUT of proportion. A lot of junk in the trunk, short STUMPEH legs. BUUUT some people like the hobbit look ;)

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 18 Apr 2007, 10:58

Krusty wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

i don't mean like a full on face transplant, just little things like botox and other good stuff.

do it. women who have no facial expressions due to paralysing their muscles with botulism toxin are WELL fit.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Ginger
Snail
Snail

Post by Ginger » 18 Apr 2007, 11:52

Rachel, Roisin, you're both gorgeous. Big boobs sag more. More than a handful is a waste.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 18 Apr 2007, 12:38

yeah, last thing you want is those big saggy bad boys with nipples like squashed strawberries. ewwwwwwwwww.

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 18 Apr 2007, 13:22

hahaaaa.
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 20 Apr 2007, 16:46

chippy wrote:
Krusty wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

do it. women who have no facial expressions due to paralysing their muscles with botulism toxin are WELL fit.

Especialy when it goes a bit wrong and they look like a stroke victim.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK