can i get a guy opinion please

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

Jo
Snail
Snail

can i get a guy opinion please

Post by Jo » 29 May 2005, 19:01

right.

typically. what do guys think about girls? i dont mean disgusting warped fantasies, i mean when you first meet a girl, what goes through your head?
what goes through your head after youve been out with them a couple of times?

i want COMPLETE honesty

thanks muchly
Last edited by Jo on 11 Jun 2005, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
he'd get it

kill_the_silence
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by kill_the_silence » 29 May 2005, 19:30

well.

when i was in a hefty stable relationship :bravo: when i met a girl nothing really went through my head. Pretty much the, 'shes alright, might aswell talk to her having one extra friend wont do any harm'.

HOWEVER

now that i am a single 18 year old looking for some action, when i meet a girl i now think 'shes a fitty i will make an effort to get to know this lass! however if i dont think there a hotty i wil still talk to them not necasarily to get some but to just have an extra friend i spose. theres no harm in making friends, so i dont see a problem with talking to new people. not neccarily becuase i want to get in their pants, i would just rather have friends than enemies.

in answer to 'wat goes through your head'

1) can tell alot about a girl by wat they are wearing.

2) basically i hate it when i have to make all the effort by asking a million questions and all i get are one word answer.s when that happens i normally turn to another friend and swiftly walk away.

sorry. its probs not much hlp at all, wondering why u want to know aswell.....

ALSO knda curious as to wat women think when they first meet a guy..
MASS! ECURA

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Re: can i get a guy opinion please

Post by metal_dave » 29 May 2005, 20:01

bigeyez wrote:right.

typically. what do guys think about girls? i dont mean discusting warped fantasies, i mean when you first meet a girl, what goes through your head?

i want COMPLETE honesty

thanks muchly

it depends on the girl.

if i meet a good looking girl i'll think 'oooh, she's pretty'.
if i meet an ugly girl i'll think 'oooh, she's ugly'.
if i meet a boring girl i'll think 'oooh, she's boring'.

you see where i'm going with this.

kill_the_silence
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by kill_the_silence » 29 May 2005, 20:08

why the fuck didnt i just put it like that. :nuts:
MASS! ECURA

SeanySeany
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by SeanySeany » 29 May 2005, 20:11

In my opinion, a girl has GOT to be good to talk to and have a decent personality. No matter what they look like, other wise you won't get anywhere. That's if you're looking for an actual relatioship.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 29 May 2005, 20:40

bigeyez wrote:right.

typically. what do guys think about girls? i dont mean discusting warped fantasies, i mean when you first meet a girl, what goes through your head?

i want COMPLETE honesty

thanks muchly

Again, you can pretty much tell everything from a girl first time you meet them. Their body language, eye contact, facial expressions, etc... If i think they're hot, i won't do shit about it. And i won't lay down hints until they lay them down first. I'll be happy being mates, unless they wanted more, and i felt the same. If i've just started going out with them, well... meeting new people is always cool, so i enjoy it, aslong as they aren't boring. If you're talking about more than mates, then... well, everyone will make judgements, and if i didn't wanna be with them, i wouldn't...

i'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for here, so i'm gonna stop blabing..

Gotta go see the girl now. Tutty Bye.

Noodle
Amoeba
Amoeba

Post by Noodle » 30 May 2005, 00:03

First I notice the most general observations...Pretty, not so pretty, her figure, then her body langauge towards me. Then whether she can hold a decent (and funny, mind) conversation. Then other things about her like nice eyes or, most importantly (and this is more important to me than any other feature..Haha) a nice smile. If a girl has a huge, movie-star style smile she's got it made. They're rarities though.

JimGood
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by JimGood » 30 May 2005, 00:13

best thing is if you can start a convo with them ranging from dead pets to fav drink then your fine! just fine sum common ground first then progress from there really. if i see a girl i want to tlk/get/chat with then i check her out see wot shes driking or wearing then think of sum thing 2 say, so if she goes to the bar n she orders a double vodka n coke im like "hitting hard 2nite then" or sum other lame excuse for a joke n they usually laff, either at u or with you a laff is a good sign...so wot goes thru my head is wot can i say to make them laff.
after a few dates i guess its is she cool enough to ask out again...
http://www.myspace.com/theenvysband

fuck off i can't spell or type

twaz
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by twaz » 30 May 2005, 00:52

for me, i reckon it's not so much what a girl looks like or her personality (as such), its more just her actions and mannerisms.

it sounds stupid i know, and its a bit hard to explain. but you know sometimes you meet someone, and you're just instantly attracted, but your mates say "well err... if you say so", or something... but a person can just have a certain quality that appeals to you?

for example, i recently met a girl who was not stunning, but far from ugly, and she was nice and we got on and stuff. but she was really like... fun... and cute and like... spoke with lots of hand motions and did lots of facial expressions and jumped around a lot when she spoke on stuff. and i after talking to her for a bit i just felt "a good vibe".

i am fully aware that this sounds completely ridiculous, both my point AND my example.

but hopefully at least 1 other guy will vaguely relate to what i'm getting at.

perhaps no-nonsense metal dave could put this in an easier-to-digest-sentence for me...

Saxamamonkey
Slug
Slug

Post by Saxamamonkey » 30 May 2005, 01:30

i know exactly what you mean twaz! jobs a good'n

when they get a glint in their eyes, that's what does it for me.

i believe the general opinion of women regarding males and their attitude towards women goes something like:

"she seems nice... i wonder how long i'll have to keep being nice before she sleeps with me."

a common misconception ladies. we have as wide a range of attitudes to women as you do to men.

it makes life very difficult having to prove ALL THE TIME that you're 'not a normal bloke'. my girlfriend always complains about blokes and how perverted, bastardly and insensitive they are quite often, when i explain that i'm actually listening she says "oh common! you're not really a bloke though are you?"

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 30 May 2005, 09:16

yes twaz, i agree also.

i've met numerous girls who i've liked and my mates haven't. sometimes you'll find someone ridiculously attractive, even if everyone else thinks she's a minger. it's very odd.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 30 May 2005, 10:49

I always treat it as a good chat really.

I never try to pull as a rule. I let things happen. This way you know it was meant to be or something.
Well I could call out when the going gets tough
The things that we learned are no longer enough
No language just sound is all we need know
To synchronize love to the beat of the show

>RacheL<
Snail
Snail

Post by >RacheL< » 30 May 2005, 11:35

kill_the_silence wrote: ALSO knda curious as to wat women think when they first meet a guy..

Hmmmmm...i'm not too sure. Personally I like it when guys make an effort to talk to me. Not necesseraly come over loud & seriously energetic...but if they just said something like 'Y'alright?' & had a GOOD smile. Thats always good. I do like taller guys...but thats not really an issue as i am short. Eye contact is good. But not needed at ALL times. Being funny is a MUST. & if they give you hugs...that is good too.

Hmmm...abooot all i can think of at the mo...

...SERIOUSLY doubt that helped...i'm a bit odd anyhoo so...don't see this as the "10 commandments" sorta thing...harharhar.
When the bad bleed the tragedy is good.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 30 May 2005, 12:54

It all boils down to what makes you tick really.

Most of the girls i have been out with are very different. So it is hard to say.

I suppose the most important thing is not feeling uncomfortable just hanging out not doing alot.

voodoochile
Cool Slug
Cool Slug

Post by voodoochile » 30 May 2005, 20:12

The amazing vomit stain wrote:I always treat it as a good chat really.

I never try to pull as a rule. I let things happen. This way you know it was meant to be or something.

Agreed, i don't find it at all attractive when blokes go out with an intention to pull as many girls as possible :doh: , or vice versa (i know that's not what you said, but i was just saying...).

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 31 May 2005, 10:35

voodoochile wrote:Agreed, i don't find it at all attractive when blokes go out with an intention to pull as many girls as possible :doh: , or vice versa (i know that's not what you said, but i was just saying...).

Been a while since anyone agreed with me.

It actually makes me embarrassed to see people going for the pull.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 31 May 2005, 10:54

The amazing vomit stain wrote:
voodoochile wrote:Agreed, i don't find it at all attractive when blokes go out with an intention to pull as many girls as possible :doh: , or vice versa (i know that's not what you said, but i was just saying...).

It's called being extremely cool!?

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 31 May 2005, 12:23

It's called being pissed I believe.

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by Web Of Piss » 01 Jun 2005, 04:15

TheThirteenthStep wrote:

It's embarassing man, I see it all the time up here, people just scoring with anyone just so that they feel a little better about themselves. Talk about lack of self respect...
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 01 Jun 2005, 11:46

Web Of Piss wrote:
TheThirteenthStep wrote:

It's embarassing man, I see it all the time up here, people just scoring with anyone just so that they feel a little better about themselves. Talk about lack of self respect...

Laughable maybe.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 01 Jun 2005, 11:55

TheThirteenthStep wrote:
Again, you can pretty much tell everything from a girl first time you meet them.

Are you some sort of master psycho-analyst, perhaps? Or Derren Brown's new protege? Or do you in fact only hang out with incredibly shallow women?
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

knobsack
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Post by knobsack » 01 Jun 2005, 11:57

Yeah a lot of people I know in long term relationships didn't actually like each other at first.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 01 Jun 2005, 12:50

BrassMonkeyTom wrote:
TheThirteenthStep wrote:
Again, you can pretty much tell everything from a girl first time you meet them.

Are you some sort of master psycho-analyst, perhaps? Or Derren Brown's new protege? Or do you in fact only hang out with incredibly shallow women?

No, but you can tell an awful lot just by the way they act, move, what they're wearing, eye contact, body language.

It doesn't take a PSYCHIC-analyst to use your powers of observation.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 01 Jun 2005, 13:14

TheThirteenthStep wrote:
BrassMonkeyTom wrote:
TheThirteenthStep wrote:

No, but you can tell an awful lot just by the way they act, move, what they're wearing, eye contact, body language.

I didn't say psychic, I said psycho, you fucking numbskull.. It's ok. My initial conclusion about you only meeting incredibly shallow women was probably the right one.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 01 Jun 2005, 13:21

BrassMonkeyTom wrote:
TheThirteenthStep wrote:
BrassMonkeyTom wrote:
TheThirteenthStep wrote:

I didn't say psychic, I said psycho, you fucking numbskull.. It's ok. My initial conclusion about you only meeting incredibly shallow women was probably the right one.

And what's the job of a "Psycho-analyst" exactly?

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 01 Jun 2005, 13:28

Well it certainly has nothing to do with being psychic, that's for sure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=psychoanalyst

I think my point is: Elliott apparently gets everything he needs to know about a girl by looking her up and down for 5 minutes. I personally like to talk to them for a couple of hours before I make a decision on what they're like, and it would certainly take weeks to months to years before I could say I know everything about her.. and the best girls you'll never know everything about, you'll discover new facets of their personality and themselves all the time.

Maybe this means we're looking for different things in women. I know what sort of person I'd rather be.
Last edited by chippy on 01 Jun 2005, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 01 Jun 2005, 13:29

Basically, what your saying is you judge girls on visual cues. You're a class act, you are.

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 01 Jun 2005, 14:30

BrassMonkeyTom wrote:Well it certainly has nothing to do with being psychic, that's for sure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=psychoanalyst

I think my point is: Elliott apparently gets everything he needs to know about a girl by looking her up and down for 5 minutes. I personally like to talk to them for a couple of hours before I make a decision on what they're like, and it would certainly take weeks to months to years before I could say I know everything about her.. and the best girls you'll never know everything about, you'll discover new facets of their personality and themselves all the time.

Maybe this means we're looking for different things in women. I know what sort of person I'd rather be.

Yeah but what you're talking about is more indepth, we're talking about lads opinions on what they think, FIRST TIME they meet a girl. You've completely lost the point of this thread. Well done.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 01 Jun 2005, 14:31

Indeed.

LOM wrote:Again, you can pretty much tell everything from a girl first time you meet them.