Demonisation of drugs..

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 20 Jan 2005, 15:21

i'm starting to wonder if it might not be satirical now, just strikes me as far too ridiculous.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Badmummajamma
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by Badmummajamma » 20 Jan 2005, 15:29

hehe, i asked the editor in chief of the quality Daily Nexus if it was actually intended as satire?

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 20 Jan 2005, 15:38

i don't think nit is satire. there's a link at the bottom to a site for more info from the guy. it's truly worrying that people still believe that 50's propaganda bullshit. http://www.freevibe.com
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

elliott
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by elliott » 20 Jan 2005, 15:45

The only way we can save ourselves from marijuana and the resulting crack and methamphetamine epidemics is to find these wicked addicts, lock them up, and throw away the keys, even if it takes the whole army and navy. Penalties for possession should be as harsh as in Arabaghistan, where I’ve heard you can lose a hand or a wife

This must be a joke. surely?

Do they even have a clue what they're going on about?

Yes, i tried pot once... and now I'm a full time crack addict, quickly, send the navy and army on to him!

:doh:

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Re:

Post by chippy » 10 Oct 2008, 16:14

metal_dave wrote:
it was the guy who runs my door supervisors course, who spent 18 years on drugs squad.

he reckons it works something like this:
when you take acid, something like one thousanth of a ml is enough to give you a trip. the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head. where eventually it will re-surface and cause another trip.

I have done a lot of old-thread reading this afternoon, and this is without doubt one of the funniest things I've read.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Re: Re:

Post by metal_dave » 12 Oct 2008, 13:28

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:
it was the guy who runs my door supervisors course, who spent 18 years on drugs squad.

he reckons it works something like this:
when you take acid, something like one thousanth of a ml is enough to give you a trip. the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head. where eventually it will re-surface and cause another trip.

I have done a lot of old-thread reading this afternoon, and this is without doubt one of the funniest things I've read.

same here, i may well have been spouting rubbish, but it's hilarious that you think you know it all because you've done some drugs and read about them on the internet.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Re: Demonisation of drugs..

Post by phillip_banks » 12 Oct 2008, 22:11

I'd say he knows far more about drugs having done them than someone who worked for the government and never did them does.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 12 Oct 2008, 22:20

phillip_banks wrote:I'd say he knows far more about drugs having done them than someone who worked for the government and never did them does.

the guy had a degree in toxicology, he probably knew some stuff.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 12 Oct 2008, 23:21

ok.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 13 Oct 2008, 09:26

metal_dave wrote:
phillip_banks wrote:I'd say he knows far more about drugs having done them than someone who worked for the government and never did them does.

so are you sure that he said "the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head"? Because if he did, then I have a feeling he might have printed his degree himself.

I love how information gleaned from medical papers from studies conducted without any hidden agenda is automatically invalidated because I read it on the internet, while ridiculous urban legends about roasting babies and acid being stored in your brain are absolutely fine because an EX-POLICEMAN TOLD ME.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 13 Oct 2008, 13:02

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

so are you sure that he said "the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head"? Because if he did, then I have a feeling he might have printed his degree himself.

I love how information gleaned from medical papers from studies conducted without any hidden agenda is automatically invalidated because I read it on the internet, while ridiculous urban legends about roasting babies and acid being stored in your brain are absolutely fine because an EX-POLICEMAN TOLD ME.

i'm not sure if those were his exact words, it was years ago, but i think I THINK if you check i said it went 'something like'.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 13 Oct 2008, 13:16

yes but even something like that is utterly ludicrous.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 13 Oct 2008, 13:23

yeah you're right doing loads of acid definitely wont affect your brain.

i'll still give it a miss though :thumb:

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 13 Oct 2008, 13:29

Keep drinking those beers and answering the door with spliffs behind your ears Dave. Alcohol and cannabis are side effect free! :thumb:

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 13 Oct 2008, 13:30

i didn't know having a spliff behind your ear was damaging, but ok then.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 13 Oct 2008, 13:32

Apperently bits of it stay in your ear and come back and haunt you later on in life.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 13 Oct 2008, 14:00

metal_dave wrote:yeah you're right doing loads of acid definitely wont affect your brain.

yeah that's what i was saying hurrrr

nice strawman fallacy you got yourself there.

Oliver Reed
Amoeba
Amoeba

Post by Oliver Reed » 21 Oct 2008, 10:53

I only ever got drunk once, the rest of the time it was just my liver storing it and giving me flashbacks.
I had two ambitions in life: one was to drink every pub dry, the other was to sleep with every woman on earth.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 21 Oct 2008, 13:13

Oliver Reed wrote:I only ever got drunk once, the rest of the time it was just my liver storing it and giving me flashbacks.

yeah, well now you're dead, so who wins that one.

Oliver Reed
Amoeba
Amoeba

Post by Oliver Reed » 21 Oct 2008, 13:33

Ah well, at least I can live on as a flashback on the internet.
I had two ambitions in life: one was to drink every pub dry, the other was to sleep with every woman on earth.

Oliver Reed
Amoeba
Amoeba

Post by Oliver Reed » 21 Oct 2008, 13:34

If only I had put the drinks behind my ear.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Oct 2008, 16:34

I had forgotten the glorious postings of abaddon.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 19 Nov 2008, 02:18

LOL, just read about the whole acid being stored in the brain for flashbacks thing...

As far as I'm aware, the possibilities of getting a flashback are increased loads when a user experiences a bad trip. Also, as far as I'm aware, flashbacks only last for a matter of minutes; I've never heard of a 12 hour flashback, the length an acid trip usually lasts for. There's HPPD, which tends to last for years, back that's something different.

It also doesn't explain the existence of flashbacks from other psychedelics like psilocybin mushrooms or any of the 2Cx chemicals.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 19 Nov 2008, 09:21

I don't actually think flashbacks are anything to do with the drug itself personally. You can have flashbacks to any emotionally intense moment in your life, whether you were on drugs when it happened or not.

Charley
Slug
Slug

Post by Charley » 19 Nov 2008, 10:30

chippy wrote:I don't actually think flashbacks are anything to do with the drug itself personally. You can have flashbacks to any emotionally intense moment in your life, whether you were on drugs when it happened or not.

^ This ^

I can verfiy that I had most certainly not taken any form of drug whatsoever or consumed any other stimulant at the time of the event which has caused a number of flashbacks over the past 10 - 12 years.
Cast a vote
Take the blame
Torn from the mother
Feel no shame
Close your eye
Watch with the other
His arm is loaded
Could be your brother

Dannnn
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Dannnn » 19 Nov 2008, 15:30

chippy wrote:I don't actually think flashbacks are anything to do with the drug itself personally. You can have flashbacks to any emotionally intense moment in your life, whether you were on drugs when it happened or not.

Izzackurly! It's all in the mind, innit...

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 04 Jan 2009, 03:34

verfied by no drug till

regularly and of late very powerfully
Lip up fatty