Demonisation of drugs..

No seriously.... serious issues in here please..

Moderator: Moderators

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 09 Nov 2004, 00:39

Originally posted by BrassMonkeyTom
from a 'reliable source' how? as in, they know the person it happened to? or they saw it happen? if it's not something like that, I don't believe it.

and I maintain, flashbacks just don't work like that.

if her flashback caused her to roast her baby like a turkey, does that mean her original bad trip was about roasting a turkey?

it was the guy who runs my door supervisors course, who spent 18 years on drugs squad.

he reckons it works something like this:
when you take acid, something like one thousanth of a ml is enough to give you a trip. the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head. where eventually it will re-surface and cause another trip.

now, i'm not gonna pretend i know much about acid (or drugs in general), and no offence to you guys, you sure know more than me. but if someone who spent 20 odd years on the drugs squad, and studied drugs in depth, scientifically, tells me something, i'm pretty much gonna believe it.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 09 Nov 2004, 01:01

"now i don't care if that's a true story or just some kind of 'shock tactics' made up by 'the man'. it fucking works."

no dave. if it's some kind of "shock tactics" made up by "the man", then it doesn't fucking work, does it?

well yes, it does, in that it's put me off ever trying acid.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Nov 2004, 11:41

Originally posted by metal_dave

it was the guy who runs my door supervisors course, who spent 18 years on drugs squad.

he reckons it works something like this:
when you take acid, something like one thousanth of a ml is enough to give you a trip. the brain uses enough as is necessary to make you trip, then, stores the rest randomly somewhere in your head. where eventually it will re-surface and cause another trip.

now, i'm not gonna pretend i know much about acid (or drugs in general), and no offence to you guys, you sure know more than me. but if someone who spent 20 odd years on the drugs squad, and studied drugs in depth, scientifically, tells me something, i'm pretty much gonna believe it.

utter utter bollocks. if that was the case, then it wouldn't make any differnce how much you took, you'd always have the same trip, and if you took a lot, you'd have the same trip, and a load of flashbacks some point later. let me assure you that if you take a large dose, you get a more intense trip.
secondly, he is a POLICEMAN. his drugs knowledge comes from his training, what the police, who hate drugs, have told him. he is not a scientist, he has not studied drugs scientifically. don't tell me you've never met a policeman that talked utter shit. people love to tell stories, run their mouths, look clever.. just because he spent 20 years busting the houses he was told to and chasing dealers, doesn't mean he knows anything about the drugs himself. maybe he does, but not necessarily.

now I'm not claiming I know everything about drugs either, but when I read up on them, I find sources that in my opinion are not biased in any way. I don't listen to policemen or government information, nor do I listen to pro-drugs websites by whacked out hippies. I like to search for papers on independent medical research, run by doctors and scientists. they're a bit harder to read but they don't have an agenda they're trying to impose on you.

i believe a scientist who has scientifically conducted studies on the metabolism of LSD in the body more than some policeman who's been told in his training "this is how it works".

your brain is not capable of "storing" things like that. if it is in your brain, it is affecting it, it doesn't have some little holding area to store drugs in that is immune to their effects. that's ridiculous. think about it logically. THINK about it. it's just patently ridiculous. "ooh, he's taken some acid, tell you what I'll do, I'll just absorb enough to make me trip, and I'll stick the rest in the corner for later." RIDICULOUS.

please don't think I'm trying to change your mind or talk you into taking acid, because I'm not. nor am I trying to have a row with you. but all these stupid urban legends and "facts" about drugs are illustrating the point of this thread perfectly.
Last edited by chippy on 09 Nov 2004, 15:50, edited 3 times in total.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Nov 2004, 11:44

a policeman came to our school years ago, from the Drugs squad. to give us a talk about drugs.. he told us this story about a load of coppers raiding a warehouse and plant where they were producing LSD. as he put it, they did the raid, but the warehouse was full of "spores" in the air (i quote), and within ten minutes all officers involved in the raid were tripping their nuts off, some were found in a pond miles away thinking they were ducks, all had to be put on desk jobs from then on because of the danger of flashbacks.

now I was genuinely interested in the story and didn't do drugs at the time, wasn't trying to prove any sort of point, so I stuck my hand up and innocently inquired how, if all the policer officers were incapacited within ten minutes or so, were the people they were raiding, capable of working constantly in the enironment producing acid? (which is an extremely complicated process)... he mumbled and fumbled a bit, before eventually having to admit that he'd made the story up.
Last edited by chippy on 09 Nov 2004, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Drinkidge
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Drinkidge » 09 Nov 2004, 15:48

a policeman came to our school years ago, from the Drugs squad. to give us a talk about drugs.. he told us this story about a load of coppers raiding a warehouse and plant where they were producing LSD. as he put it, they did the raid, but the warehouse was full of "spores" in the air (i quote), and within ten minutes all officers involved in the raid were tripping their nuts off, some were found in a pond miles away thinking they were ducks, all had to be put on desk jobs from then on because of the danger of flashbacks.

now I was genuinely interested in the story and didn't do drugs at the time, wasn't trying to prove any sort of point, so I stuck my hand up and innocently inquired how, if all the policer officers were incapacited within ten minutes or so, were the people they were raiding, capable of working constantly in the enironment producing acid? (which is an extremely complicated process)... he mumbled and fumbled a bit, before eventually having to admit that he'd made the story up.

:chuckle:

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 09 Nov 2004, 23:42

well, fair enough, the only point i'll make is he was a policeman, he's not any more. he's got nothing to gain by lying about things like that really.

he also told us a similar story about a big raid that went down in wales in the 60s or something, they uncovered gallons and gallons of acid, and it fucked everyone up because they didn't realise it got absorbed through the skin.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 09 Nov 2004, 23:44

oh, and he did some sort of degree in toxicology aswell, so really he is a scientist.

roisin
Snail High Preist
Snail High Preist

Post by roisin » 10 Nov 2004, 00:47

This fellow is a scientist too I believe.

Here's one of his greatest theories

Sorry.
Holy crip he's a crapple!

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 10 Nov 2004, 00:54

weetos are fucking great.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 10 Nov 2004, 09:19

he also told us a similar story about a big raid that went down in wales in the 60s or something, they uncovered gallons and gallons of acid, and it fucked everyone up because they didn't realise it got absorbed through the skin.

that could well be true. although I would have rather hoped the drugs squad would have known a trifling little detail like that. :rolleyes:
Last edited by chippy on 10 Nov 2004, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 10 Nov 2004, 09:19

Originally posted by metal_dave
oh, and he did some sort of degree in toxicology aswell, so really he is a scientist.

fair play.

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 11 Nov 2004, 00:20

that could well be true. although I would have rather hoped the drugs squad would have known a trifling little detail like that. :rolleyes:

It was the 60s.

They probably wanted to get fucked anyway.

ThomW
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by ThomW » 20 Nov 2004, 17:22

drugs are great, everyone should take them. i categorically reccomend it.

Syd
Slug
Slug

Post by Syd » 20 Nov 2004, 18:43

hallucinogenics such as acid & mushrooms are powerful drugs, that should only be consumed in small doses if at all, and bear in mind that they can cause psychological side effects...

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 20 Nov 2004, 18:52

Originally posted by Syd
hallucinogenics such as acid & mushrooms are powerful drugs, that should only be consumed in small doses if at all, and bear in mind that they can cause psychological side effects...

Another public service announcement from Syd. Coming next week, smoking can cause cancer and alcohol can cause liver damage.
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

Syd
Slug
Slug

Post by Syd » 20 Nov 2004, 20:57

Originally posted by fotch
Originally posted by Syd

Another public service announcement from Syd. Coming next week, smoking can cause cancer and alcohol can cause liver damage.

mate, i'm talking from experience, - taking loadsa shrooms fucks with your head...

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 20 Nov 2004, 21:01

Originally posted by Syd
Originally posted by fotch
Originally posted by Syd

mate, i'm talking from experience, - taking loadsa shrooms fucks with your head...

I'm not denying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm saying that you're just pointing out the blindingly obvious.
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

abaddon
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by abaddon » 21 Nov 2004, 10:25

Its possible that i may still suffer flashbacks in the future, but thus far all i can say is this LSD and mushrooms can be intense, depending on the amounts that you do and typically i find it could always be a bit longer lasting. In my humble opinion i believe that large enough doses of any hallucinogenics will trigger a DMT reaction from the body. DMT is hallucinogenic substance created in the body, and on the back of certain toads for easy extraction and many other places in nature (note that LSD really isnt a natural drug). i find it be much more powerfull and i think its this that causes some bad trips, its a lot to deal with. There should be a hitch hikers guide to tripping. what im trying to say is a lot of hallucinogenic substances equals a life changing experiance, and with anything you do that alters the way you think , look before you leap. im off to find some fly garret in the woods now.......

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Nov 2004, 12:55

Originally posted by abaddon
In my humble opinion i believe that large enough doses of any hallucinogenics will trigger a DMT reaction from the body.

surely in order for your brain to start producing DMT it has to think it is about to die. and not like, 'oh my god im going to die', it has to be on the verge of brain-death. thats alot of hallucanagens, not sure i buy the theory, sorry.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

ThomW
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by ThomW » 21 Nov 2004, 13:15

all about skag really

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Nov 2004, 13:24

Originally posted by ThomW
all about skag really

oh dear. retard.

abaddon
Ameoba of Satan
Ameoba of Satan

Post by abaddon » 21 Nov 2004, 14:06

you have to do some experimenting or take my word for it. DMT is also realesed in moments of stress, during birth, during deep meditation, and some other things too. i guess you would have to be there to understand

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Nov 2004, 14:20

i know what can cause a DMT release dude. generally any very severe utterly alien experience, and yeah you can learn to control it with deep meditation. i guess its possible that a REALLY high dose of hallucanogens could do that.. but im thinking beyond shamanic doses here, more like institutionalised for life kind of doses. and i have done plenty of experimenting fool, you know that.

ThomW
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by ThomW » 21 Nov 2004, 17:20

oh dear. retard.

oh dear. sense of humour of a lepper

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Nov 2004, 17:23

just oh dear. that is all.

ThomW
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Post by ThomW » 21 Nov 2004, 20:00

well i'm gonna GOUGE OUT and TOOT SOME BROWN

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 21 Nov 2004, 20:01

oh no. shock humour!

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 20 Jan 2005, 13:50

Classic. Absolutely classic bullshit. Only in America. This the sort of shit we're up again.

http://www.dailynexus.com/opinion/2005/8666.html

A few choice excerpts for those who can't be arsed to read:

"the column desperately attempts to express the feeling of euphoria the writer was experiencing while “riding the bus” after a bong hit, a feeling that is followed shortly by a crash and a powerful craving for another, bigger hit"

Erm, personally I find the feeling is followed shortly by a bit of a giggle and a powerful craving for another, bigger sandwich.

"The truth is that marijuana has been proven to kill children."

Possible if a couple of tons of it falls on them.

"Anyone can get addicted to a destructive poison that induces psychosis as soon as its foul vapors are inhaled, including innocent bystanders."

"Have you ever seen the specter of a marijuana addict? It is one of a sickly skin-and-bones fiend, with oily yellow skin and a raspy voice from the constant smoking, herpes in every orifice, teeth or limbs missing, and
always in desperate searh for a bowl.."

Admittedly, that last bit's true, but only when I want some cereal and no-one's done the washing up.

And last, but not least:

"Don’t believe the wild myths...that marijuana can cure the sick. A weakened patient lacking the built-up tolerance of an addict would certainly die instantly if forced by the doctor to take ganja."

The paper then goes on to theories that the only reason everyone tries to claim medical benefits of weed are because they're all junkies who've given themselves cancer and diseases from smoking pot and now they're tryin to blag it free.

Fuck's. Sake. I mean really. Herpes in every orifice? Limbs missing?

You've been warned kids. Drugs are bad.

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by Web Of Piss » 20 Jan 2005, 13:54

BrassMonkeyTom wrote:Classic. Absolutely classic bullshit. Only in America. This the sort of shit we're up again.

http://www.dailynexus.com/opinion/2005/8666.html

A few choice excerpts for those who can't be arsed to read:

"the column desperately attempts to express the feeling of euphoria the writer was experiencing while “riding the bus” after a bong hit, a feeling that is followed shortly by a crash and a powerful craving for another, bigger hit"

Erm, personally I find the feeling is followed shortly by a bit of a giggle and a powerful craving for another, bigger sandwich.

"The truth is that marijuana has been proven to kill children."

Possible if a couple of tons of it falls on them.

"Anyone can get addicted to a destructive poison that induces psychosis as soon as its foul vapors are inhaled, including innocent bystanders."

"Have you ever seen the specter of a marijuana addict? It is one of a sickly skin-and-bones fiend, with oily yellow skin and a raspy voice from the constant smoking, herpes in every orifice, teeth or limbs missing, and
always in desperate searh for a bowl.."

Admittedly, that last bit's true, but only when I want some cereal and no-one's done the washing up.

And last, but not least:

"Don’t believe the wild myths...that marijuana can cure the sick. A weakened patient lacking the built-up tolerance of an addict would certainly die instantly if forced by the doctor to take ganja."

The paper then goes on to theories that the only reason everyone tries to claim medical benefits of weed are because they're all junkies who've given themselves cancer and diseases from smoking pot and now they're tryin to blag it free.

Fuck's. Sake. I mean really. Herpes in every orifice? Limbs missing?

You've been warned kids. Drugs are bad.

That's just incredible.....people believe this and that worries me.
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel