Dead Space

gaming/internet/techy/website dicussions, requests etc etc
campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Re: Dead Space

Post by campy » 06 Feb 2009, 12:59

Only way we're going to approach anything even slightly capable of the things we're talking about here is by digging up the entire telcoms infrastructure. And by the sounds of things BT are quite happy sitty on their copper wired arses, doing jack.

Saying that, the Big Gordon gave a speech t'other day about how we're going to need a much better telecoms system the same way we needed a better transportation system through the industrial revolution. I.e. if we don't get one we're gonna get left waaaaaay behind.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Feb 2009, 09:50

campy wrote:Only way we're going to approach anything even slightly capable of the things we're talking about here is by digging up the entire telcoms infrastructure. And by the sounds of things BT are quite happy sitty on their copper wired arses, doing jack.

I was under the impression BT were planning to overhaul the infrastructure.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Post by campy » 09 Feb 2009, 13:57

chippy wrote:
campy wrote:Only way we're going to approach anything even slightly capable of the things we're talking about here is by digging up the entire telcoms infrastructure. And by the sounds of things BT are quite happy sitty on their copper wired arses, doing jack.

Re-he-heally? I am intrigued by this statement, know any sources for confirmation?

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Feb 2009, 14:34

campy wrote:
chippy wrote:

Re-he-heally? I am intrigued by this statement, know any sources for confirmation?

http://www.btplc.com/21CN/

Admittedly, I haven't read through all this properly as it's not the most interesting thing in the world, so maybe they are still planning on keeping copper wire in place for the last mile, but they do seem to have some quite concrete plans for radical improvement.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Feb 2009, 14:35

campy wrote:
chippy wrote:

Haven't they priced it as something ridiculous like £28 billion? In any case, I seriously doubt BT would be willing to foot the entire bill without gov't spending. Brown has said something recently about the need to keep up or we will be left behind (I'm sure he compared it to the industrial revolution), so I expect some money will go into it. But this is Britain. We live in a world of shit atm as far as I can see. :(

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 09 Feb 2009, 14:52

Cheer up man. Who cares really.

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 09 Feb 2009, 15:07

chippy wrote:Cheer up man. Who cares really.

Sorry, that sounded much glummer than I meant it to be.

Here, try this;

:sun: But this is Britain. :broken: We live in a world of shit atm as far as I can see! :sun:

kev
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by kev » 09 Feb 2009, 18:02

lol, love it :)

kev
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by kev » 16 Feb 2009, 09:58

I got my copy of Dead Space for the PS3 at the weekend, it is pretty scary! and a bit easier than the demo i downloaded (which was far too hard).. oO and it was £29 from zavvi in Reading.. they still have 25% off ALL marked prices in the shop!

it's a wicked game.. definitely makes you jump now and again and best played at night in the dark with the sound up lots.... :thumb: playing it on normal at the moment which is fairly easy.. so i'll be re-doing it on hard when i've finished :)