Windows 7 beta

gaming/internet/techy/website dicussions, requests etc etc
lcfmademedoit
Snail
Snail

Windows 7 beta

Post by lcfmademedoit » 15 Jan 2009, 17:14

Dare i?

I already know the answer is no but i'm intrigued.

Also, did anyone get that fucking gay trojan malware virus thing? it would keep popping up with a replica of a windows firewall message saying a trojan key logger had been found and to click on 'protect' to get rid of it, it then opened up a page to some dodgy looking anti virus program to download.

It was so bad that luckily firefox being the good browser it is would just shut down everytime i opened it up, it obviously knew it'd get bummed to death by it.

Finally after about 5 different anti malware/virus programs malwarebytes found it and i'm all sorted again.

Proper effort though.
'Don't laugh Lynn, you've broken your neck'

kev
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Re: Windows 7 beta

Post by kev » 15 Jan 2009, 17:50

i wish windows would use linux next release and just have their own distro that's looks a bit windoze-y.

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 16 Jan 2009, 08:14

I wouldn't install Windows 7 for the time being if I were you. Granted, by all accounts it's a very stable beta release, and most hardware should work, provided it already works with vista as they use the same drivers as I understand.

If you were to try it out, install it as a separate dual boot system. For one thing, if it all buggers up you can go back to your old OS, and secondly, it's a time restricted trial... once it comes to the end of that time you'll either need to revert back to your old OS or buy the full version, whenever it does come out.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 16 Jan 2009, 16:42

I'm thinking of putting it on a spare hard drive just to have a play around, I've actually heard surprisingly good things about it.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

SquidgyB
Slug
Slug

Post by SquidgyB » 16 Jan 2009, 17:09

Me too, stable, fast and surprisingly well built and bug free for a beta OS. I think it comes down to the fact that it's a refined version of Vista rather than a complete rebuild.

I don't have room on any HDs to try it, and I've only just installed Vista 64, so I'm still (not) loving the whole signed drivers and issues with random old apps that are very useful but don't work at the moment (ppjoy... :gurn:), or I might be tempted.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 16 Jan 2009, 18:25

Beta OS are something that other people put on their computers and let me play with. I do not put them on my computers.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

lcfmademedoit
Snail
Snail

Post by lcfmademedoit » 08 May 2009, 19:05

Well a newer beta has recently been released, and as i'm selling my PC soon anyway i'mgonna give it a shot.

I'll let anyone who gives a fuck an update once it's all up and running.
'Don't laugh Lynn, you've broken your neck'