Post by LittleTill » 02 Mar 2009, 18:53

yeeek
Lip up fatty

Mr Fish
Snail
Snail

Re: Who still plays eve?

Post by Mr Fish » 10 Mar 2009, 17:41

67% done on the patch....anyone managed to get on yet? Was bored earlier and read the patch notes, looks like it should be good.

any idea when they're gonna bring in walking around stations?

fotch
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by fotch » 10 Mar 2009, 20:15

Mr Fish wrote:67% done on the patch....anyone managed to get on yet? Was bored earlier and read the patch notes, looks like it should be good.

any idea when they're gonna bring in walking around stations?

Not sure if its gonna be the next big update, or the one after....

I'm just dling the whole client again, only just got a new MB and CPU installed.
Tucker's Law

"If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up 'cause that cunt's a cunt."

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 10 Mar 2009, 22:54

i've been learning about bees so only just started - lameo till
Lip up fatty

Mr Fish
Snail
Snail

Post by Mr Fish » 11 Mar 2009, 13:06

loving the 24hour skill queue...all the stargates are shut off atm - ccp must be having a nightmare with this patch. Might wanna put on some long skill training if you havnt

Mr Fish
Snail
Snail

Post by Mr Fish » 11 Mar 2009, 23:07

I'm not sure my ears are cut out for goonfleet. Having witnessed my first huge fight, i only felt like killing myself. I would have thought it would have been quality, but the voice of the fleet commander has made me want to kill him and his family. I genuinely couldn't handle such a cunt.

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 12 Mar 2009, 02:17

Some FCs you like, some you don't. It's just one of those things.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

Mr Fish
Snail
Snail

Post by Mr Fish » 12 Mar 2009, 10:30

Fair enough. Did have a major problem with lag though, to the point where it was nearly unplayable. Got a top-end pc too - is there any way to reduce lag short of turning graphics right down?

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 12 Mar 2009, 12:30

That FC was particularly excitable. He was actually a good FC and we won the fight but I agree he needs to calm the fuck down and be a bit more coherent. Would really help you and I, fishy, if we were to set our overviews up properly. That way, when people start screaming about: "switch to battleship only view". We could do it.

I managed to get a point on one of the primaries he called but only because I've been in a few big scraps in empire (a big scrap in empire being 20 or more ships). Not much of a qualifier, but it will do. You really need to read more in the goon wiki I'm finding it incredibly helpful and it's filling in some knowledge gaps I didn't even realise I had.
Lip up fatty

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Mar 2009, 13:32

DBRB has got a big mouth but he is a good FC. Not to everyone's taste, admittedly, but to be fair when you've got that many people in fleet being a bit of a cunt helps get everyone to do what they need to do, when they need to do it. Admittedly he will occasionally give you a shitty order. Like telling you all a gate is green when there is actually an enemy gang sat at optimal waiting to pop your taranis GRRRRR DBRB :gurn:

As for lag. Well firstly it was patch day so maybe they were having trouble. But what you need to do is have a look in the War Room in goonfleet.com and get the overview settings pack. If you're in a fight you shouldn't have friendlies on your overview, that will cut your lag a lot. Also, friendly brackets (the little squares round the guys in space) should be off ideally. These two things cut your lag and stop you accidentally locking friendlies. Having brackets off will also massively reduce how long the grid takes to load when warping on to a hostile fleet.

Read the newbee guides to tackling in the Wiki to know what you should be doing in those sorts of situations. If the primary is already tackled and being shot at you're probably better tackling the secondary or tertiary targets. If the FC says "get points on everything" then tackle whatever the fuck you can (go for bigger ships though) and call the points on TS when you get them. Excpect to lose frigates. It doesn't matter. They insure for more than they cost and goonfleet give them out for free anyway. Stick with tackling until you have more idea what's going on. Don't worry about trying to shoot things. Your DPS is paltry compared to what the big guns are putting out.

And finally don't get stressed out if the FC starts hollering. Getting stressed out is their job. Yours is to hurf some durfs etc. and not really give a shit.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 12 Mar 2009, 13:52

what he said
Lip up fatty

Lord_Blacknose
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Lord_Blacknose » 12 Mar 2009, 20:04

Tacklers are for dieing in. If you are flying a tackling frig in a fleet and you live you're either incredibly lucky, incredibly good or not trying hard enough. Usually the last one.
IT'S NOT MY IMAGINATION THERE'S A GUN IN MY BACK

LittleTill
Snail
Snail

Post by LittleTill » 13 Mar 2009, 11:23

My feelings exactly
Lip up fatty

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 13 Mar 2009, 12:24

Also, Fish. Go on one of the Newbee Frigate Training Ops,. There's one every couple of weeks or so, they're good fun, you'll fly with lots of other pilots that don't know their arse from their elbow (a small group not a big fleet) and get taught everything you need to know.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.