Animated tattoos

Body Modification for body piercing / tattoo / mods photos, stories, advise, questions etc (may contain graphic images)

Moderator: Moderators

campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Animated tattoos

Post by campy » 22 Apr 2008, 12:02

So I randomly stumbled across this. Sadly, "Neither Singer nor Pinter would let us photograph their animated tattoos, but we do have photos of the technology behind them." so I'm not sure how authentic this is, can't find any dates on the website so I don't know if it's an April fools I got to late. Anyone know anymore on the subject? How well do they come out etc.

Edit: Found a US patent for it...

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Re: Animated tattoos

Post by chippy » 22 Apr 2008, 12:07

Nah.

Found this article, but it is dated April 1st.

edit: Speculative patent, I strongly doubt a physical prototype exists, hence the lack of photos of it. LCDs are neither thin or flexible enough to be implanted under the skin currently, and I have my doubts as to whether you'd be able to see them through the skin even if they were.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Re: Animated tattoos

Post by campy » 22 Apr 2008, 14:40

From some of the tech I've seen at my uni, you could make some kind of organic film to produce a flexible screen. It would be more than a few millimeters thick though, so there'd be a definite bump unless the surgery was tricksy. I definitely agree on the not showing through the skin bit though, they'd need to find a way around it.

Maybe some kind of electroreactive or magnetoreactive ink could do something similar, just a change of colour would be awesome...

I do have a module at the moment which involves coming up with a original invention or device, might investigate this whole colour changing malarkey.