I want...

Body Modification for body piercing / tattoo / mods photos, stories, advise, questions etc (may contain graphic images)

Moderator: Moderators

dink
Snail
Snail

I want...

Post by dink » 10 Apr 2007, 20:22

my lip pierced. at the bottom at the side. (technical term? sidey bottom lip.) BUT i'm too scared, cause my face may go crunchy.

Someone tell me things. :D

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 10 Apr 2007, 20:28

your face will go crunchy.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 10 Apr 2007, 20:31

Crunchy?

It barely hurts, it's easy to heal, get a labret stud not a ring, and don't piss it off.
Easy peasy.

Honestly, I barely felt it and it hasn't made my face go "crunchy".
I don't understand :(
I gave up morals when I took up booze

knobsack
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Post by knobsack » 10 Apr 2007, 21:06

Mine healed in about two weeks, and I got in done in a very dodgy shop, it never hurt enough to make me need painkillers either, and I was fairly lax about the aftercare.

I bit down on it once or twice which was rather painful but apart from that, was fine.
Just as a postscript to what we've been saying, Professor Lewis, I'd like to say... I saw your mum, coming out of the VD clinic. I'd like to say that anyone with aids, that's you that is. That's your girlfriend, and your mum, and your dad.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 10 Apr 2007, 21:14

Go and see the fitty (Adam) at Urban Piercing in Reading. He's done all of my peircings. He makes sure that all your questions are answered if you have any and really puts you at ease, plus he is fit!
My stud was fine, didn't hurt at all. My nose hurt more and that was crunchy. I've got a ring in now and it ulsered(sp) my mouth a fair bit but that's because it's too small and the next size up would have been too big. I can't get the ball off either which sucks, I think I may need pliers :(

P.S: Eating was a bit difficult at first, in my experience anyway, the back of the stud kept getting caught on my teeth, although after a few times of eating I got used to it. Just something to be cautious of though :thumb:
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

dink
Snail
Snail

Post by dink » 10 Apr 2007, 22:07

Crunchy = infected, my ears went very crunchy you see... I has second piercings in both my ears and then a top one and they ALL went crunchy, if it goes crunchy in my face i might end up horribly scarred.

I want it done.

Fitty sounds good Jess, thanksee for the tip-off...

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 11 Apr 2007, 08:58

Don't ruin your face Katy, if you're going to get it done get it done in the middle, or if you absolutely must get it done on the side, do it on both sides.

p.s. if you've had that many piercings go crunchy on you it may not be the best idea. on the other hand piercings in my ears always go crunchy but anywhere else I seem to be fine with.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Jess
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Jess » 11 Apr 2007, 13:52

Quick question, mainly aimed at Rach(Alka) I think. I'm guessing you went on a plane to Amsterdam, did any of your piercings set off the security alarm thing at the Airports?
I know they're only triggered by some metals and I don't know if the metal used for peircings set them off, I don't want to set it off and then have to get my boobs out to show them that I've got metal in me rather than a bomb. :oogle:
Mirror mirror can you tell
If they are kneeling in confession or if they just fell?
The mirror looks back and it knows damn well
It's really hard living when you're living with yourself.

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 11 Apr 2007, 14:42

I haven't flown abroad since New York in 05 (Amsterdam's in July) when I had all sorts of metally joy, and it was my flip flops (made of wicker :S) that set off the machines, not my face, ears or collarbone surface business. Pfft. I didn't have my nips back then, but on internal flights that I've taken recently I haven't set the alarms off, except on the way back when I was hungover and in heels and I had to take them off cos of the buckles.

Dink- did you get your ear piercings done with a gun? They're significantly more likely to get infected if so, also because a lot of the time they're in contact with hair it's a biatch.
Your lip will be a piece of piss in all honesty. Unless you're a complete wuss. And if you gunned the top of your ear you really can't be.

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 11 Apr 2007, 15:34

Jess wrote:Quick question, mainly aimed at Rach(Alka) I think. I'm guessing you went on a plane to Amsterdam, did any of your piercings set off the security alarm thing at the Airports?
I know they're only triggered by some metals and I don't know if the metal used for peircings set them off, I don't want to set it off and then have to get my boobs out to show them that I've got metal in me rather than a bomb. :oogle:

I went through about 20 security alarms back when I had my nipple pierced and I didn't set it off once. I kept secretly wanting it to though, for one of those Spinal Tap moments.

dink
Snail
Snail

Post by dink » 11 Apr 2007, 18:53

chippy wrote:Don't ruin your face Katy, if you're going to get it done get it done in the middle, or if you absolutely must get it done on the side, do it on both sides.

p.s. if you've had that many piercings go crunchy on you it may not be the best idea. on the other hand piercings in my ears always go crunchy but anywhere else I seem to be fine with.

1. I do have a spectacular face.

2. i'm not sure a middle one would suit me, *edited to make sense* If i'm unsure about ONE piercing, maybe TWO is not the sanest plan...

3. Crunchy ears are not fun.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 09:43

it suits hardly anyone on the side, hardly anyone at all.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 12 Apr 2007, 12:06

shut up! it suits my chops.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 12:11

i've got something else that'd suit your chops.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 12 Apr 2007, 12:11

chippy wrote:it suits hardly anyone on the side, hardly anyone at all.

says the man who wants metal spikes sticking out of his skull :nuts:

i like the 'sidey bottom lip'. in fact it's one of the few piercings i do like.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 12:13

metal_dave wrote:

i'm not sure if that's entirely* relevant.

i like sidey lip, but only on people it works on, and that's not very many people. otherwise, you just look like a caught fish.

*read: "the slightest little bit"

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 12 Apr 2007, 12:17

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

i like sidey lip, but only on people it works on, and that's not very many people. otherwise, you just look like a caught fish.

i thought it was relevant. what i mean is, someone who likes the idea of having a metal mohawk, or horn implants, or a split tongue, has dubious taste and should thus be ignored when it comes to matters of taste. imo.

filsatan
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Post by filsatan » 12 Apr 2007, 12:17

I reckon piercings on the side of the lips look nice. I know loads of girls who have had it done, do it.
Mind you they are all fitties, and i reckon they only look attractive on very good looking women.
So if you are a fitty get it done i suppose!
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

http://www.myspace.com/filsatan
http://www.myspace.com/luckysixxuk

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 12:18

metal_dave wrote:
chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

i thought it was relevant. what i mean is, someone who likes the idea of having a metal mohawk, or horn implants, or a split tongue, has dubious taste and should thus be ignored when it comes to matters of taste. imo.

i'm sorry, i totally forgot that matters of taste were absolute and subjective. silly me.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 12:22

chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:
chippy wrote:
metal_dave wrote:

i'm sorry, i totally forgot that matters of taste were absolute and subjective. silly me.

alternately, if we wanna play it the other way: "OMG IM HAVING MY TASTE QUESTIONED BY SOMEONE WHO LISTENS TO KANYE WEST, THE KOOKS AND PENDULUM MORE THAN THEY DO THE PRODIGY AND NINE INCH NAILS LOLOLOLOL"

lolz x

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 12 Apr 2007, 12:26

that was easy.

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 12:29

yctat

edit: [chris]you're not a troll you posted twice you care etc.[/chris]

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 12 Apr 2007, 12:34

i don't know what 'yctat' means.

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 12 Apr 2007, 13:03

what the fucks a slidey lip???
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

counterfeit
Snail Legend
Snail Legend

Post by counterfeit » 12 Apr 2007, 13:04

ooh ok. i get it now. a SIDEY lip. i just like to put random 'l' letters in words. :O
I'll find a new life and hide,
If I survive.

Krusty
Snail Brother
Snail Brother

Post by Krusty » 12 Apr 2007, 15:10

chippy wrote:i've got something else that'd suit your chops.

is it your willy?

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 12 Apr 2007, 15:35

how did you guess?

dink
Snail
Snail

Post by dink » 12 Apr 2007, 18:15

filsatan wrote:I reckon piercings on the side of the lips look nice. I know loads of girls who have had it done, do it.
Mind you they are all fitties, and i reckon they only look attractive on very good looking women.
So if you are a fitty get it done i suppose!

No not really :(

Alka
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Alka » 12 Apr 2007, 20:02

Get it anyway, I'm not a fitty and I had two.