if i see any more of those stupid fekkin panther tats....

Body Modification for body piercing / tattoo / mods photos, stories, advise, questions etc (may contain graphic images)

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Snail
Snail

Post by Chris » 28 Jan 2007, 19:56

My opinion coming up folks... don't for a minute think I'm ASSUMING IT TO BE THE RIGHT ONE:

Tattoos aren't an art-form. They're pretty pictures and things that you get put on your body. In art-forms like music, a piece of work is being submitted to the general public for appreciation. A tattoo could not be further from that. You might as well include 'gelling your hair' as an art-form if you class tattoos as one. And then you'd get people going 'those fucking twats who just spike it up and don't put any originality into it, they're ruining the idealism of our art-form'. They're a way to make your body look good, s'all!

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 28 Jan 2007, 20:55

so if i did a painting but nobody else ever saw it, it wouldn't be art?

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 28 Jan 2007, 22:58

He's not really saying that though is he?

What I don't get, is saying that he doesn't believe that his opiniion is right. Surely that is the basis of an opinion. That you think it's the right stance on an argument, or some other matter.

Otherwise, it's a fair enough thing to say, if not something I agree with.

Chris
Snail
Snail

Post by Chris » 29 Jan 2007, 16:04

Well I BELIEVE my opinion is true... but I don't assume it to be true. I'm fully aware I could just be horribly horribly wrong.

Stu
Snail Trainee
Snail Trainee

Post by Stu » 30 Jan 2007, 00:33

Tattooing is art.

But that's for another day.

There may be more than one reason to get a panther tattoo, by the way. They're VERY popular for covering up other work you might not be proud of, but a very good tattooist will be able to do something else with it, rather than slapping a panther over it or a nice, big 8 ball.

To be honest, I can't judge other people's tattoos, people get their body mods because it makes them feel better, people have a perception of how they want to look like. People do it in different ways, some go to the gym, some diet, some get tats/piercings, some get scarification, some get boob jobs/liposuction, some get voluntary amputations... It goes on.

You can't judge what other people have got, because if they're happy with it, then good for them. It's no skin off your nose. Look at Samppa of Mad Max - he's the guy I wanna go to to get my flesh stapling done. I'd never, never, never get implants on my head. But fair play to him for getting them done.

Oh, and flesh staples pwn all. woot! \o/