high contrast

hiphop, alternative, ragga, drum and bass, jungle, triphop, dub, reggae... + any other music style

Moderators: Moderators, Music Moderators

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

high contrast

Post by metal_dave » 05 Aug 2008, 19:06

are quite good.

discuss.

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Re: high contrast

Post by phillip_banks » 06 Aug 2008, 11:16

Made some good tunes...These days the only dnb I enjoy is the dark as fuck stuff........Spor, Chris Renegade, Noisia, Limewax, Technical Itch etc. Was it High Contrast that did that Inna gadda da vida remix? That's a decent tune..Still all a bit too jump-uppy for me though. Gotta be bleak.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 07 Aug 2008, 21:09

Got their most recent album. I thought it was a bit shit to be honest. Every track sounded the same as the last. Apparently though the old stuff is excellent. I haven't heard it though.
Well I could call out when the going gets tough
The things that we learned are no longer enough
No language just sound is all we need know
To synchronize love to the beat of the show

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 07 Aug 2008, 22:16

i've just got 'tough guys don't dance'. no idea if it's new or old. i likes it though.

The amazing vomit stain
Slug
Slug

Post by The amazing vomit stain » 11 Aug 2008, 00:55

I just got a cd-r off my brother and it high contrast on it. So i don't even know the name of it. I will have to research it.
Well I could call out when the going gets tough
The things that we learned are no longer enough
No language just sound is all we need know
To synchronize love to the beat of the show

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 08 Sep 2008, 21:30

phillip_banks wrote:Made some good tunes...These days the only dnb I enjoy is the dark as fuck stuff........Spor, Chris Renegade, Noisia, Limewax, Technical Itch etc. Was it High Contrast that did that Inna gadda da vida remix? That's a decent tune..Still all a bit too jump-uppy for me though. Gotta be bleak.

Yeah, that was him. I like him quite a lot. Good producer and a good DJ. I'd say it's commercial, but not that jump-uppy. Nice, melodic drum and bass. I only like drum and bass when it's really liquidy and melodic.

And Tough Guys Don't Dance is the newest album. I think it's probably the best, but High Society is awesome too. And a lot of the mixes he's released are all mint too. He just released a new one called Watch The Ride which is a cool mix. If you don't like relatively commercial, melodic drum and bass you won't find any of his stuff that good I don't think though.