British Punk

Ska, Punk and anything similar

Moderators: Moderators, Music Moderators

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

British Punk

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 20 Mar 2008, 14:11

Is fucking shit hot at the moment. I've just actually "bought" the first two albums I've bought in ages. (Yes, I'm a criminal I know...) They were the Don Ramos Players album and Owsla by Fall Of Efrafa (and they chucked in the second album Elil for free which was fucking cool of them really, and it's the better of the two) and both of them are fucking sweet. There's a bunch more good bands about and I'll probably be spending a bit more cash too, but everyone should check these tow out I think:

http://www.myspace.com/thedonramosplayers - really good raw, melodic punk. Pretty heartfelt. I think at least one of them was in Twofold, they've been in a few bands between them. Well worth checking out if you like stuff like Against Me and Hot Water Music - they're better than both on the strength of this album I think.

http://www.fallofefrafa.com/music.html - Quite original to be honest. Somewhere between Tragedy and Mogwai. Relentlessly heavy but stunningly beautiful. Nice concept and everything as well. Maybe a bit too righteous but don't let that get in the way of the music.

Meta4rik
Slug With Mates
Slug With Mates

Re: British Punk

Post by Meta4rik » 21 Mar 2008, 16:11

I'd personally listen to real British Punk like Chaos UK - One Way System - Patrik Fitzgerald - The Partisans - The Subhumans

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by Web Of Piss » 24 Mar 2008, 09:53

What is 'real'? How do you define 'real'?
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Mar 2008, 16:09

Meta4rik wrote:I'd personally listen to real British Punk like Chaos UK - One Way System - Patrik Fitzgerald - The Partisans - The Subhumans

yeah but you're a racist though.

Tomaroundtheworld
Cool Snail
Cool Snail

Post by Tomaroundtheworld » 24 Mar 2008, 20:28

I find a lot of the older punk a bit too simplistic and boring. Some of it is good, but it doesn't do too much for me. And the bad production bothers me too. It's a bit petty but I can't avoid it.

I like punk to be a bit more progressive really. Not too much or it just doesn't work, but a bit of a twist in the right direction is definately good for me.

But people should try those bands. Dave, you should try the Don Ramos Players, I reckon you'd like 'em.

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 24 Mar 2008, 21:08

i shall give 'em a go, certainly.

check these guys out too:

http://www.myspace.com/thefuckinhate

chippy
Snail Of Satan
Snail Of Satan

Post by chippy » 25 Mar 2008, 09:08

punk is dead.
Image They reckon one day you'll be able to wake up and eat a yoghurt you can have a conversation with.