RIP VItek

Black, Death & Heavy Metal + anything similar Rock etc....

Moderators: Moderators, Music Moderators

lcfmademedoit
Snail
Snail

RIP VItek

Post by lcfmademedoit » 02 Nov 2007, 12:50

Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.
'Don't laugh Lynn, you've broken your neck'

-Oli-
Slug Trainee
Slug Trainee

Re: RIP VItek

Post by -Oli- » 02 Nov 2007, 19:57

I was about to post this.

Really shitty, guy was a good drummer and at 23, had his life ahead of him.
RIP

campy
Slug Of Satan
Slug Of Satan

Post by campy » 14 Aug 2008, 13:14

Decapitated guitarist Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka has issued an update regarding the status of the band:

"As you probably know, I have been pretty quiet about the whereabouts of the band and the future and I'd like to inform you that we are on indefinite hiatus for now. I feel that it is too early to continue or try to continue without Vitek and/or Covan at this particular moment.

"Regarding Covan. He's recovering now and needs all the time in the world to comeback to a normal life. So I want to wait for him, so we could both decide what the future will hold for Decapitated.

"I definitely want to keep on playing and touring as it's very important for me to keep on playing music. While we have this break with Decapitated, I'd like to mention that I'm open to explore options regarding joining or touring as a session player. Given the seriousness of the project, I could work on dedicating as much time as possible to it.

"I also want to express my respect for everyone who has supported the families of Vitek and Covan on any kind of way since the accident."

garymcnally
Snail
Snail

Post by garymcnally » 19 Sep 2008, 16:37

That fucking sucks, R.I.P.
Happy now? :'-(